• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • palerider0485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2009
    just north of muncie.
    I have heard alot of people talk about the israeli draw, and i have seen videos of people doing it pretty fast. but why??? do the israelis not keep there chambers loaded or dos the name israeli draw have no real meaning???. just wondering why the israilis dont keep a round in chamber??? or do they???

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I believe that when the state of Israel was formed they had to rely upon a variety of firearms so there was no standard issue. Accordingly it was difficult to consistently train or have protocol for multiple platforms with different safety features. So the easiest way to have a standard protocol for handling firearms was to have the chamber empty and rack when needed

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I had not hear the phrase. It peaked my curiosity and I had to google it of course. It would not be for me. Seems to scary to try in a hurry.

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    I watched a tv program a few weeks back about special operations, and the episode detailed an Israeli special forces mission. On the show they talked to a current special forces member and when explaining the weapons they use he said they now use Glocks, and for safety reasons they do not keep a round in the chamber unless they are in direct combat situations.

I didn't understand why they do this with Glocks especially but I guess if what OakRiver said is true, then that mindset has been around for a long time and they haven't wanted to change it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Different country, different philosophy.
    I wouldn't put myself against Israeli special forces, even if his chamber was empty.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I believe that when the state of Israel was formed they had to rely upon a variety of firearms so there was no standard issue. Accordingly it was difficult to consistently train or have protocol for multiple platforms with different safety features. So the easiest way to have a standard protocol for handling firearms was to have the chamber empty and rack when needed

I heard they had to use some used and faulty guns (no drop safety and such) so they couldn't trust the safeties.
    Now they train with modern firearms but still use the same techniques.

The Russians have a similiar thing where they carry with an empty chamber in a special holster who will chamber a round upon the draw.

efa_holster.jpg

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    Same reason a lot of LEO's don't keep a round chambered in AR's. Because the longgun they had before (shotguns) could slamefire.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I heard they had to use some used and faulty guns (no drop safety and such) so they couldn't trust the safeties.
    Good to know :yesway: Maybe it was a combination of both

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

The Russians have a similiar thing where they carry with an empty chamber in a special holster who will chamber a round upon the draw.

efa_holster.jpg

Very cool.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby

efa_holster.jpg
    I predict a few NDs with this system

Top Bottom