• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTFisher93

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    Terre Haute, IN
    I have a Glock 19 that I am looking to turn into an "ultimate fighting" pistol. I want it to be a perfect fit for me. I have already put in a ghost 3.5Ibs connector and added a great set of night sites. I'd like to get a TLR-1 HL light for it to put on in the winter when I'm OWB carrying under a coat. I'd also like to get some slide milling done for some extra grip. Maybe even a small Air Force symbol somewhere since I am in the Air Force. Anyone have any other ideas or know of someone with great custom milling that won't break my bank. Sadly I haven't posted a lot on here so I cannot do private messages. Working on getting enough posts.

Thank you!

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Try skateboard tape or 3M grip tape for floors, way cheaper than milling, and easy to remove and replace! Spend the money you save on BB's, and training! Aside from sights, the 19 doesn't really need anything.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I can help with the slide milling and refinsh. plus I put a RMR on my 19, thta kinda breaks the bank but definitely adds to "badass" factor :)

MTFisher93

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    Terre Haute, IN
    I can help with the slide milling and refinsh. plus I put a RMR on my 19, thta kinda breaks the bank but definitely adds to "badass" factor :)

AllenM you were one of the guys I was told about as far as milling goes. I've seen some pics of your work and I was impressed. I'd love to talk further on pricing and what your capabilities are! As for the RMR I'm not a huge fan plus pretty pricy.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    One of the best things you can do to a "fighting pistol" is to have the grip stippled.

Sights - great.
    Light - also OK.

Stippling so it's much harder to get it out of your potentially wet/sweaty/bloody hands? - great.

Slide milling seems to be much more along the lines of "cosmetic" than truly functional - especially with a good overhand racking technique. But that's just me.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    extended slide release
    truglo tfo sights
    extended mag release
    grit tape grips or stippling
    lots of ammo practice/practice/practice
    good holster
    REMOVE THAT 3.5# CONNECTOR! stay stock!,3.5#'s is good for a race gun, but not for a defense pistol(imho)

plus to get the 3.5# trigger pull, you also have to change the springs, and safety plunger

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I have a Glock 19 that I am looking to turn into an "ultimate fighting" pistol.

You should go to The Buckle and buy it a nice Affliction or American Fighter t-shirt. Make sure it is two sizes to small though, otherwise no one will realize how badass your pistol really is. ;)

I'm not to clear on the rules of the Ultimate Fighting Championship either. You may want to look into the by laws. I know not to much is restricted, but I'm fairly certain Pistols aren't allowed inside the Octagon.

Good luck and happy shooting.

Archer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indianapolis
    My Glock 19 has a stock trigger, Trijicon HD night sights, stippled grip, extended slide release, and a Streamlight TLR-1s. That's how I like it and how it will stay set up for the rest of it's life.

I'd spend all that money on ammo and training if I were you. All the cool add-ons in the world are useless without practice and training.

MTFisher93

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    Terre Haute, IN
    My Glock 19 has a stock trigger, Trijicon HD night sights, stippled grip, extended slide release, and a Streamlight TLR-1s. That's how I like it and how it will stay set up for the rest of it's life.

I'd spend all that money on ammo and training if I were you. All the cool add-ons in the world are useless without practice and training.

i have plenty of ammo and practice as i am Security Forces in the USAF and have my own range in my back yard. im looking to get a comfortable gun that i can use for anything.

MTFisher93

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    Terre Haute, IN
    Is this what you are after?

10534719_509362665861235_6567362890903920562_n.jpg
    a little to flashy for me but not bad

MTFisher93

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    Terre Haute, IN
    You should go to The Buckle and buy it a nice Affliction or American Fighter t-shirt. Make sure it is two sizes to small though, otherwise no one will realize how badass your pistol really is. ;)

I'm not to clear on the rules of the Ultimate Fighting Championship either. You may want to look into the by laws. I know not to much is restricted, but I'm fairly certain Pistols aren't allowed inside the Octagon.

Good luck and happy shooting.

i cant say how much i appreciate the sarcasm in this post! But i believe you are missing the point of my post thanks for playing! :)

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    i have plenty of ammo and practice as i am Security Forces in the USAF and have my own range in my back yard. im looking to get a comfortable gun that i can use for anything.
    Slide milling isn't going to do anything for comfort, you've changed the sights already, stippling helps grip as mentioned. Other than that, look around the web, there are thousands of things you can do to it, 99% are a waste of time and money! as they don't improve anything! and sometimes detract!

MTFisher93

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    Terre Haute, IN
    Slide milling isn't going to do anything for comfort, you've changed the sights already, stippling helps grip as mentioned. Other than that, look around the web, there are thousands of things you can do to it, 99% are a waste of time and money! as they don't improve anything! and sometimes detract!

good to know. i dont want to **** away money. i may do a cosmetic milling later, but as far as performance i think i am good to go. just want to add the light and im good there. Thanks

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    Well if you don't have one already you can get a laser engraved or etched backplate with the Air Force logo. You should be able to find these easily at Amazon or Ebay.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    i cant say how much i appreciate the sarcasm in this post! But i believe you are missing the point of my post thanks for playing! :)

LOL, sorry couldn't resist. On a more serious note my G19 is basically a bone stock gen-3 Nibx coated G19 With the addition of some good night sights. It works for me for most of my EDC needs.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    This one does it for me. I know you said you didn't care for the RMR but I do find that I use the front serrations.

FireBirdDS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    Regarding the Saliant Arms Glock 19. The gold colored barrel serves an actual purpose other than just the "bling" factor. (not that I would ever pay this much for a glock)

[video=youtube;-DQWn23rtXU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DQWn23rtXU[/video]

Top Bottom