• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Just wondering if anyone has one of these pistols Witness Polymer Full Size- Tanfoglio . What are some of your thoughts on the pistol... Likes an dislikes?.... I handled one at my LGS today for the first time an was real impressed with the fit an feel of the pistol and it was less than $340 new an figured for the money would be tough to turn down. Thoughts?... Thanks fellas!

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    my brother had the witness and had some issues.
    EAA CS was a little crappy and slooow...
    other than that the gun shoots great and feels great in my hand
    but on a side note:
    check out the Zastava EZ9

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    If you go with the Witness P Rural King's regular price is $279.99. I had an EZ-9, these guns are pretty much orphans in regard to ever getting spare parts if you should need them. Mine never broke but I did call Century , the current importer and was told nada on spare anything. I just wanted to pick up a spare recoil spring. It is true EAA ain't got the best track record on CS, but they have been the importer of the Tanfoglio line for some years now and can provide spares. The Zastava pistols have a new importer every few years. Some aftermarket vendors like Wolff also have items for the Witness. Whichever you choose below are a couple links with more info on these type guns.

Unofficial Zastava CZ 99, CZ 999, EZ and PPZ site - CZ99.org: Welcome

CZ CLONE CLUB

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    EAA customer service is awful. You will pay shipping BOTH ways for any needed repairs.
    If you are going to get any EAA product, use GUN GENIE to purchase it.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Your concern is understandable but I'm not sure an extra $200 on the price is worth saving a UPS charge you'll likely never need.

The Gun Genie link shows MSRP; you then have to click "INSTANT QUOTE" to get a price from a gun shop near you.

That said, the Rural King price quoted above, if accurate, smokes just about all of them.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I have read that Tanfoglio makes the polymer frames for CZ. And their pistols are based on the CZ-75. I've never shot one but they are middle of the road as far as CZ clones go. Their are better but definitely worse too.
    You should check out the CZ P-09 if you want a full size poly framed CZ variant. You'll also get the support of CZ warranty service which I have heard is top notch along with the full aftermarket support for CZ pistols.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    shooter521;5239766[COLOR=#0000FF said:
    ]The Gun Genie link shows MSRP; you then have to click "INSTANT QUOTE" to get a price from a gun shop near you.

That said, the Rural King price quoted above, if accurate, smokes just about all of them.

Yes, each person would get a slightly different quote @ Gun Genie based on their own area shops. One must provide a zip code to get the quotes. Mine ran from a low of $478.79 - $510.86.

In addition to Rural King CDNN also sell the Witness P for $279.99 , plus of course an FFL fee.

EAA WITNESS PS 9MM 4.5" POLYMER FULL SIZE 1-16RD

Last edited:

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Thanks for all the reply's fellas. I may just have to take trip and find a Rual king. $279.99 is a heck of a price. For just plinking steel in my back yard I could take a chance on not being able to find parts if the issue should arise.

mikebaker1129

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Houston ,TX
    I have a regular small frame Witness (Steel) version and it has been great !
    I also have a EZ9 that I picked up NIB for $259. The Yugo is also a great pistol and there is no parts out there,unless you can dig some up.Some of the other clone parts will fit the EZ ,but not all .I bought some cool looking fake wood grips for mine on gunbroker!

JT1968

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    Aurora
    I own one in 9mm. It shoots well. I paid around $300.00 for mine. The "dots" (paint) fell out of the back sights early on, but that's an easy fix. Yes their customer service sucks. But the gun is cheap.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I own a TA90. It's an all-steel 9mm clone of the CZ75 and it is a fantastic pistol.
    It eats everything I feed it and is as accurate as I would expect from a 5" barrel.

I also have the EAA Witness .45acp with the "Wonder Finish" and it mirrors the TA90.

I'm not a fan of polymer pistols. I've had a few and sold or traded all of them with the exception of my Kel-Tec .32acp.

I think Tanfoglio makes some great STEEL gun. I wouldn't recommend the poly's, but that's just me.
    YMMV

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I went ahead an brought one of these home. I just couldn't keep passing it up for the price. Took it out an shot it for the first time today an was very impressed no mis-fires or failures of any kind. I think this pistol will serve well as my run-n-gun side arm.

2963c500-2022-433a-837a-54d4de192084_zpsc6896aa4.jpg

Top Bottom