• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Ok, I have some cash in my pocket, and I've been thinking of adding another pistol to my collection.

I already have 3 Glocks, a 17, 19 and 26.

I'd like to make it 4 Glocks, just to make it an even number.

I'm intriqued by the Glock 42. Honestly, I think I'd feel more comfortable with carrying my G26, but I do like the idea of a smaller 380 for when I go bicycling and running. I'd also have the option to use it as a back up gun.

Then again, I have also wanted to have a .45. The Glock 21 is too big, so I'd prefer a compact. Options would be the 36 or 30s. I've no idea which one, but I am concerned with the recoil of a compact/subcompact .45. I've been told it's not bad though.

Not a pistol, but I have also thought of buying an Aimpoint for my AR, but I don't know.

So what say you, INGO? Help me out!

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Ok, I have some cash in my pocket, and I've been thinking of adding another pistol to my collection.

I already have 3 Glocks, a 17, 19 and 26.

I'd like to make it 4 Glocks, just to make it an even number.

I'm intriqued by the Glock 42. Honestly, I think I'd feel more comfortable with carrying my G26, but I do like the idea of a smaller 380 for when I go bicycling and running. I'd also have the option to use it as a back up gun.

Then again, I have also wanted to have a .45. The Glock 21 is too big, so I'd prefer a compact. Options would be the 36 or 30s. I've no idea which one, but I am concerned with the recoil of a compact/subcompact .45. I've been told it's not bad though.

Not a pistol, but I have also thought of buying an Aimpoint for my AR, but I don't know.

So what say you, INGO? Help me out!

I used to have a G-30, and I found it to be less snappy than my G-27 or even my G- 23. What I didn't like about it was the thickness. 9/40 Glocks feel a bit chunky to me, but they are tolerable. The double-stack .45's are just too thick for my liking. I liked the way the G-36 felt in hand, but I've never fired one.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    My advice is buy a 1911. Trust me your Glocks won't hold it against you. Find yourself a nice Springfield Range Officer and enjoy it for what it is. Listen to me, join the party, we have cookies

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    My advice is buy a 1911. Trust me your Glocks won't hold it against you. Find yourself a nice Springfield Range Officer and enjoy it for what it is. Listen to me, join the party, we have cookies

I'm not even a 1911 guy, but if you're remotely considering a single-stack .45, I think it's the obvious direction to go.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I love LOOKING at Sigs, but I hate shooting them. That bore-axis is on par with High Point.

That and the double action single action trigger. But dang if those P227s aren't sexy.

I am also digging the Glock 41. But honestly carry the Glock 9mm and enjoy owning a 1911 in .45

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Range Officers were under $700 via some online source. Going to say around $700.

Glock 42? Sorry Bro but I ain't gonna recommend no .380s when you already own a G26.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Good question. I think my next handgun will be a 1911 that actually works. (I know, good luck right) The Range Officer in 9mm seems to be calling my name, except for the fact that it doesn't have a ambi safety. Have been running my CZ P-07 a lot since it came back from CGW. Still nothing like the price, availability, and durability of Glock mags though.
    I assume it is just a for the heck of it gun though.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Good question. I think my next handgun will be a 1911 that actually works. (I know, good luck right) The Range Officer in 9mm seems to be calling my name, except for the fact that it doesn't have a ambi safety. Have been running my CZ P-07 a lot since it came back from CGW. Still nothing like the price, availability, and durability of Glock mags though.
    I assume it is just a for the heck of it gun though.

Dude you are killing me here. Bring that Ruger down here and we can figure out the problem. Maybe it is just acting up because it is jealous of all the love you show the others. :):

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Forget the Aimpoint, because you don't even shoot the AR. Don't even go down the reliability path, because you will never reach a conclusion. Just get a 1911 and enjoy it.

Top Bottom