• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Just would like to here some feed back from owners of the 1911 Springfield TRP. How would you rate it compared to other 1911s in its price point? Not looking to carry it just enjoy it.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    I was looking for the same thing, and went with the Springfield Trophy Match instead. I shoot at the range, and this gun is perfectly suited for it. Not that there is anything "wrong" with the TRP. But it's a "Threat Response Pistol". The only threat I ever find at my club range is wind. :):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The TRP and the Trophy match are both very good guns out of the box. I have owned both. The TRP is not a Target pistol as billt mentioned but it is a very accurate shooter and will run flawlessly for you. I had both the bull barrel and bushing barrel models. Both were exemplary 1911's.
    If you are a Target shooter look at the Trophy.
    No knock on the STI's I just have little personal experience with them.

WatermAlan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2014
    Carmel
    Tagged for interest. I'm in the same boat as OP. I've been looking at the TRP for my first 1911. Interested to see what others have to say or recommend.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    Due to the current firearms market you can find a Dan Wesson valor used for about the same price of the TRP and in my opinion is a better build 1911, there is nothing wrong with the TRP just wouldn't be my pick at the current price range.

Leggdpms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    I absolutely loved mine and will buy another one but with the full rail this time lol at 50 yards I was hitting a half gallon milk jug at the local range. I've seen videos of guys shooting 8"-10" plates at 100 with them especially since they are bull barrel firearms.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I absolutely loved mine and will buy another one but with the full rail this time lol at 50 yards I was hitting a half gallon milk jug at the local range. I've seen videos of guys shooting 8"-10" plates at 100 with them especially since they are bull barrel firearms.

We regularly ring 12" steel at 100 with our 1911's. It is easier with the Trophy match.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    I carry one 3 out of 4 seasons. It's a fine firearm and has never failed me through thousands of rounds. We have the stainless model in the shop. $1399.99. I believe it is the finest out of the box 1911 made. :twocents:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I've seen a lot of TRPs function properly without any work. I've seen none that don't function (although I am certain there are a few).

I can't say that about any other make or model, regardless of price.

If I were buying a 1911 for a carry gun, I'd get a TRP.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Thanks for all the feed back I just needed a little push forward on the TRP been looking at it for awhile and have decided to get it and the Trophy Match! LOL. These 1911s are addictive.

You stink! :D

Nice picks on the 1911s.

oh and next stop for you will be a Wilson Combat or Les Baer. Mark my words.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    You know it! Actually we rode up to your hometown last Friday and looked at the Wilson and probably after the first of the year will own one. LOL.

Very cool! Mark and Loren are good people. Told me he sold 3 Wilson's last week. FYI the shop will moving to downtown Seymour first of October. Much larger store and they are going to start carrying a lot of women's accessories like purses, holsters and range bags. I have a feeling you two will end up in Seymour again.

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    I ran my TRP in a 2-day Tactical Response pistol class a few years ago. Close to 1000 rounds for the class, flawless function. Have the Armory Kote finish, threw the pistol on the gravel a few times (per TR's TTP's at the time), couldn't even tell. Mine has the standard barrel bushing. I tossed the FLGR immediately, installed Ed Brown GI guide rod/plug. Good running, well built 1911. I'd buy another if I could.

I'm sure the marketing department at Springfield would be surprised to learn TRP stands for Threat Response Pistol.... From their website: Sometimes performance isn’t optional. When your requirements dictate that you use the best tools available, reach for the Tactical Response Pistol™.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I've seen a lot of TRPs function properly without any work. I've seen none that don't function (although I am certain there are a few).

I can't say that about any other make or model, regardless of price.

If I were buying a 1911 for a carry gun, I'd get a TRP.

Wow. A 1911 that functions without any work.

Top Bottom