• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    I've written a review of the VP9 and would be pleased to hear your thoughts on the article, and the gun.

Any other VP9 owners around here? What are your thoughts? I'm curious if other owners experience the same minor trigger issue that I have. If it weren't for that slight uneven pressure in the uptake this gun would be perfect. As it stands it is very nearly perfect.

nrgrams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Columbus
    Great review! I've put 850 rounds through mine, with a little noticeable improvement about the "negatives" towards the trigger grittiness and "hump". It seems as though all of my HKs (I've now have 4) have had a positive improvement over time with more rounds down range.

And with owning multiple Glocks and a couple of M&Ps (minus utilizing APEX parts), I would say the VP9 definitely takes the cake.

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    Great review! I've put 850 rounds through mine, with a little noticeable improvement about the "negatives" towards the trigger grittiness and "hump". It seems as though all of my HKs (I've now have 4) have had a positive improvement over time with more rounds down range.

And with owning multiple Glocks and a couple of M&Ps (minus utilizing APEX parts), I would say the VP9 definitely takes the cake.

Well I'm glad to hear I didn't just receive a lemon, and that the imperfection is not just me being overly sensitive.

It's not a major problem though.

magus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2014
    Central IN
    Spicy meatball on price, but I'd love to shoot one sometime. Racking the slide was a pleasure though. Smooth and very easy to operate, unlike the XD line's grunty slide-pull that I dislike.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Excellent review! I picked mine up in early July, have roughly 500 or so down it, I really like it. Ergos are great, I don't feel any grit in take up, but do feel the hump you talked about. VP9 is a keeper for me!

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    hickok45 did a good video on this well and he really praised it, however he had a different issue with the trigger.
    HK VP9 - YouTube

I agree with the issue Hickok had and I've experienced it on other HK pistols too. I always just assumed it was me.

The tip of my trigger finger will rub the trigger guard when I get lazy and it can lead to discomfort. It is easily addressed though.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Great review on a great gun! Had mine a little over a month and love it, really fun gun to shoot and I am okay with the trigger. Another great gun by H@H highly recommend it!

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Great review!! I picked mine up Saturday morning and Have put around 200 rounds through it so far. I have nothing bad to say about it so far. My trigger feels great, accuracy is superb, feels amazing in the hand. Have several family members shoot it today to and they all fell in love. It's my first H&K and I like. :)

Hkfiend

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    in the Ford Galaxy
    Just got mine a little over a month ago but just in the last few days got to take it out and shoot it. Twice actually. Got about 350 rounds down range of various types ranging from federal hydrashok to wolf steel case. Ate everything without any issues. My buddy picked one up as well and he had one FTE on the first magazine but ate everything with ease after that. The first day I took it out, I had the "lazy finger" problem, and it was a little rough after 200 rounds from rubbing the guard. Yesterday's trip however I maintained my trigger finger and it was less of an issue. Love the VP9. Will probably sell my P30 in 9mm just because I don't see myself shooting it much anymore.

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    Quick update on this - as of today my VP9 is at 600 rounds with no failures. I haven't even cleaned it yet, it's still running all factory grease.

After it passes 1000 rounds it is probably going to replace my G19 as my OWB carry gun. :yesway:

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Darn there are a lot of parts in there. Just wondering how many will be around a century from now still doing yeoman's work. Sort of like todays autos...how many could anyone rebuild into a hotrod after all the electronics go wonky...

Fine gun today though...

Taurahe

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Greenwood
    I just got mine to the range this week and it is my new favorite of my many. I did not feel the trigger issues that you referenced but it was such an improvement over the trigger in my M&P that I probably just didnt notice it. I put 120 rnds through mine with no issues. Definitely money well spent IMO.

Top Bottom