• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldguyguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    Cicero
    This is a repost as I mistakenly posted it under "Long Guns". Have a Browning Buckmark Hunter 22 and want to mount a red dot scope on it. Supposedly the buckmark will take Weaver style sights. Yet when I bought a Redfield red dot--which says will fit a Weaver style base--it did not . I see that Tac Sol and browning make a Buck Mark scope mount either with or without a rear sight on it. My question is--If I replace the current base on the pistol with one of these--will I be able to mount a Burris Fast Fire 1 or 2 on the pistol. Help and ideas appreciated.

clelaj

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indy - North
    I did similar. Remove the existing rear sight rail and replace with a weaver type. The red dot sure helped my old eyes and now can relatively easily hit the 100 yd steel.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Here's my answer I posted in your thread in the long gun section

I have a TacSol integral on my Buckmark, and it has fit anything I've tried on it

What's the problem with the factory base? Is the base itself too wide or are the slots too narrow?

If the slots are too narrow, it would be much easier to do some fine file work and open one or two up.

Oh, my TacSol base has a tendency to make the sight screws back out easily unless loctite is used

oldguyguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    Cicero
    Thanks much M67. Will go with the TacSol. Oh and to tbhausen--the factory mount/rail that came on the gun is supposedly a weaver style base. Yet, if you research it on the net--you will find that some weaver style mounts will not fit on it. The Redfield red dot I bought was not wide enough and the grooves in the buckmark base were too narrow.

Top Bottom