• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikemcbride

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    I've been tossing the Idea around of picking up a CZ 75 I was wondering what the general consensus was on the CZ 75 and other variants of it.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    4487CZ_Motivator_zps092eeee4.jpg

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    Stop thinking about one and get one. A real one. They were $450 NIB at the Indy 1500 last weekend. Thats a steal for what is one of the most coppied pistols in history.

If I had it to do over, I would standardize on the CZ-75 and the Glock 17. I have owned both, but the only one I still have is the CZ. Instead of having a dozen different pistols, I would have several of both... Now I'm too far down the rabbit hole.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    The CZ 75 is probably the world's foremost combat pistol. Be warned, it is difficult to own just one.

Truth I own 4 and still want another.

Uh, not sure I'd say it's the world's foremost combat pistol. Still a good pistol though

Actually that is not an inaccurate statement. Over 60 countries use the CZ75 as their military issue sidearm and it is the most widely issued pistol to police forces world wide. It is the second most cloned or copied pistol second only to the 1911. So yeah you could say the CZ75 is the world's pistol and we here in the US have missed something.

In fact it would not be wrong to say that at any given time there are more CZ pistols in active combat or on patrol than any other pistol platform in the world.

Last edited:

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    It is the second most cloned or copied pistol second only to the 1911. So yeah you could say the CZ75 is the world's pistol and we here in the US have missed something.

You could easily dispute that as well. The 1911 is for the most part only cloned here in the USA. Every other contry that allows even restricted gun ownership makes clones of the CZ-75. The CZ is a world gun - the 1911 is an American fetish.

I would venture a guess that IF there are actually more 1911 in the world than CZ-75 it is only because so many Americans own multiple guns.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The CZ 75 platform is also a great first pistol. It's got great ergonomics, is a relatively soft shooter and is more inherently accurate than it's competition. It isn't particularly difficult to conceal yet fits well in most generic shoulder rigs. After market parts are readily available and you can upgrade as much or as little as you like. For $450 OTD that is a lot of gun for a first time buyer...or anyone, really.

Top Bottom