• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • randy68

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    SW Indiana
    I really like the feel of this gun in my hand. It just feels right and they price isn't too bad either. Any one have one and care to share your thoughts on this gun.
    I'm not concerned with ccw with this one as it will be more of a home/ range gun.
    I have a Ruger SR9C now and like it but I'm always looking for my next purchase.

JWAS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Dayton
    My friend had a P07 for years and I have a P09 since it came out..... these are amazing firearms. I will say that since you are only looking for a range/home gun... I would go with the P09 versus the P07. Bigger with a huge magazine (19 rounds of 9mm).
    While the trigger can be a bit "mushy" (at least on my P09) it is an awesome trigger system. The DA, to me, is the best out there, and while the SA has a mushy break, you can shoot it for a while, save up some money, and then send it to Cajun Gun Works where the trigger becomes truly amazing!
    If you do decide to stick with the P07, and not the P09... Get the newer generation (aka, not a Duty model). It has the P09 trigger, which does not have as much of a curve, removable backstraps, and front serrations... it will also make sure you don't get an early model that may have had the teething problems that some P07s had in the beginning (most of these problems occurred in the 40 cal version).

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    FWIW, I also recommend going with the new generation (2014) P-07, which doesn't indicate "Duty" on the slide. The new model has iron sights, front slide serrations, and a slightly reshaped trigger over the previous model. I've got this in both 9mm and .40. While the .40 is pretty darned good, the 9mm flavor is downright amazing... feels so good in my hands, and the recoil is negligible.

That said, I have shot the previous "Duty" model, and was completely amazed by it. The updates to the new gen pushed me over the edge. BTW - if you're looking at the one for sale/trade now in the classifieds, that's a great price for a practically new gun. I'd be all over it if I didn't already have one.

Last edited:

randy68

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Thanks for the insight on what to look out for. I read about the problems some had but the one I looked at locally is the brand new one as described. They also had a P09 in the case but I didn't check it out. It may be a while before I purchase one so I am just narrowing down my choices to a cz or a cz! When I see something I like I go for it.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    If you liked the P07 then you love the P09, the P09 is one of the most underrated full size polymer handguns out there. I can give you a long list of positive things about the gun but there is one thing I did not like (the trigger), Cajun gun works can do their magic with the trigger but in my case I wasn't able to overcome the DA/SA trigger (striker fire pistols are my first choice for self defense). The CZ P09 just rocks!

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I have a few CZs. Next on my list is to get one of the new P07s. I think I will probably buy one directly from Cajun Gun Works so it will already be fully modified when I get it. I just have to save a few nickels.

MusicMatt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 21, 2014
    Lake County
    I have been intrigued by these as well. I kinda prefer the full size P-09 though. 19 round capacity and for some reason every P-07 I've tried doesn't seem to have as good of a trigger as the full size. Maybe the 2014 model has been improved.

gpjerry

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2012
    Terre Haute
    I've been carrying a P-07 Duty for over a year now. It shoots great and has never had a malfunction at the range. The P-09 is definitely on my list for future purchase.

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    Of all the guns I have ever held, the P-07 is in the top two in terms of how good it felt in my hand. Somehow I still do not have one. :n00b:

Top Bottom