• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tjwert9901

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I know im going to get both eventually but i need to figure out which one i want to carry so i can start pricing the one and start carrying. my two options are glock 23 gen 4 or a walther ppq. all comments are welcome really having a hard time deciding

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    In general the best pistol for carry is the one you like and feel comfortable carrying so it won't ride the pine. If it isn't something you like carrying you won't and that doesn't help much in a situation.

For more specific answer though I like, for concealed carry, Ruger's LC9s or S&W's M&P Shield. For full size pistols I would go with a Ruger 9E. Of course Rugers aren't well thought of around here because they don't have a brand NAME that is worth the extra $100 or more added value for just the name on the frame that you get with the more storied names. ;)

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Handle both and try to fire them before purchasing. Almost guaranteed that if you take those two steps it won't be a hard decision.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The hand guns you mentioned as well as the others are find pistols. May I suggest that you look at a Kahr 9mm. Regardless of the model, they all have the same trigger, which is one of the best stock trigger you can find. I was a long time 1911 fan, then I move to the Glock. I've been a Glock fan for 20 years until I got my first Kahr in a trade. Now I am a big time Kahr fan.

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    Your picks would not be mine but I like the Walther ppq over the Glock. The 1911 is my pick. Don't like the .40 but love the 10 mm. Shoot the 3 major USA calibers before you buy.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I know im going to get both eventually but i need to figure out which one i want to carry so i can start pricing the one and start carrying. my two options are glock 23 gen 4 or a walther ppq. all comments are welcome really having a hard time deciding

Why are you limiting yourself to only those two options?

The answer to "best carry gun" will vary greatly from person to person and almost always requires some trial and error to decide.

Ideally it will be whatever full-sized (or at least allowing a full firing-grip) and reliable pistol you you shoot the best in 9mm or above.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Why are you limiting yourself to only those two options?

The answer to "best carry gun" will vary greatly from person to person and almost always requires some trial and error to decide.

Ideally it will be whatever full-sized (or at least allowing a full firing-grip) and reliable pistol you you shoot the best in 9mm or above.

THIS!

I have a G23 and found I am drastically more accurate with a 19 (same gun, but in 9mm). (OK, a 9mm conversion barrel, but still...) *cue the man card comments* :):

I also carry a G42 when I want to be a bit more discrete. a 380 with the RIGHT defensive round isnt bad.

Shoot what fits your hand and is comfy, what you shoot well with (it doesnt help if you cant hit), and and what is comfortable for you to carry.

I shoot well with both the 42 and 19. I can drive a tack with my full size 1911, but its not something I feel like carrying every day. Everyone is different.

And dont forget to shoot what you want first. Wife bought a LCP without shooting it first and it was a huge mistake. If you cant find a range that rents one, speak up here. I'm sure there are plenty of people in your area willing to meet you at the range to try their gun before you buy.

Top Bottom