• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Which 9mm? Why can't she hold it? More details would be helpful.

Revolver is an option.
    Sig 238 or 938 would be smaller autos.
    M&P Shield 9 would be another small(ish) auto.

TacticAll

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2014
    Indianapolis
    She is in her 70's so she has small week hands. She shot both my 9mm Canik 55 TP9 and Taurus Pt111 9mm. They both seemed to jump around a bit.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    MIL special.

3739174-6470269068-rever.jpg

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    She is in her 70's so she has small week hands. She shot both my 9mm Canik 55 TP9 and Taurus Pt111 9mm. They both seemed to jump around a bit.

Well, the smaller the gun the more you're going to notice the recoil...obviously. So if the problem is the grip you might be able to get a smaller gun but if the problem is the recoil then you might consider a little bit heavier of an option so there is less perceived recoil.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    LCR rimfire is not a good choice for weak hands. The hard trigger pull combined with weak fingers will make it hard to shoot accurately.

Beretta Cheetah in .380 or .32, depending on how weak her hands are. Full size grip helps maintain a secure hold. Light recoil. Usable sights. Can be thumb cocked to further lighten trigger.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    A man was leaving a cafe with his morning coffee when he noticed a most Unusual funeral procession A funeral coffin was followed by a second one About 50 feet behind the first. Behind the second coffin was a solitary man Walking with a black dog. Behind him was a line of 200 men walking in Single line. The man couldn't stand his curiosity.

He approached the man walking with the dog, "I am so sorry for your loss, And I know now is a bad time to disturb you, but I've never seen a funeral Like this with so many of you walking in single line. Whose funeral is It?"

The man replied, "Well, that first coffin is for my wife."

"What happened to her?"

The man replied, "My dog attacked and killed her."

He inquired further, "Well, who is in the second coffin?"

The man answered, "My mother-in-law. She was trying to help my wife when the dog attacked and killed her also."

A thoughtful moment of silence passes between the two men. Then the first One asks in excitement, "Can I borrow the dog?"

The man replied, "Get in line."

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    LCR rimfire is not a good choice for weak hands. The hard trigger pull combined with weak fingers will make it hard to shoot accurately.

Disagree BBI

My Mom is 75 yrs old and very petite. She shoots it very good at a distance out to 7 yrds. It was a rental though so the action might have been broke in.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The little Beretta Tomcats are soft shooters from what I have been told. With the tip up barrel it also means no racking of the slide.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Bersa 380 might be a good choice. Easy to rack and substantial weight minimizes recoil. As noted above, testing at the range is recommended.

hotcorner5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I would go with a .22 cal. I bought my grandmother a 9mm taurus. We took it to the range so I could show her how to shoot that particular gun. She has shot many guns in her younger days, but usually a revolver. While at the range, we found that the trigger pull was to heavy for her arthritic hands. I had a .22 with me as well which she was able to shoot fine. We shot my .380 LCP but it kicked to hard in her hand and she felt like she would drop it.

Sold the 9mm and bought her a .22.

Top Bottom