Looking to replace my Taurus Millenium Pro .40 with a Walther 9mm. Opinions?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indygunguy!

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Noblesville
    Looking to replace my Taurus Millenium Pro PT140 and was looking at the Walthers. Was planning on going with a 9 this time 'round. Never owned a Walther but love the feel of the p22. Looking for something easily concealable since i am a smaller build guy but was looking for something with a higher capacity than the new CCP. Any thoughts or reccomendarions ?

I love the way my Taurus feels but hate the long trigger travel. It also shoots low which has been a concern for me as I use it for a carry piece.

Thanks for any input.

Onionsanddragons

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 13, 2014
    Terre Haute
    Depending on how small of a fella you are, the PPQ may not be ideal. I can conceal it fine, but I'm 6'1" and 200lbs. I would say it is just slightly less concealable than a Glock 19.

if what you want is a Walther, but it needs to be bigger/higher cap than the PPS or CCP, you are stuck trying to find a P99c. It is a great gun, but right now very hard to find in 9mm. Asfaik, it is still in the line so Walther probably just hasn't made a run lately. This would be my suggestion if you don't think you can really conceal a PPQ.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    My PPQ has been 100% reliable. I think I'd like it better if it were a 9mm instead of a .40.

Indygunguy!

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Noblesville
    Depending on how small of a fella you are, the PPQ may not be ideal. I can conceal it fine, but I'm 6'1" and 200lbs. I would say it is just slightly less concealable than a Glock 19.

if what you want is a Walther, but it needs to be bigger/higher cap than the PPS or CCP, you are stuck trying to find a P99c. It is a great gun, but right now very hard to find in 9mm. Asfaik, it is still in the line so Walther probably just hasn't made a run lately. This would be my suggestion if you don't think you can really conceal a PPQ.

Thanks to everyone for the input.

Looking at the PPQ, it doesn't appear to be much "taller" than my Taurus...so it may not even be an issue. I'm about 5'5" and 150#s so I may not be quite as small as I made myself sound. :-). I also carry a S&W 40SWF which is a little larger without problem.

Thanks, everyone, for the valued input.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    PPQ size wise will be in between a Glock 19/17. And similar to an M&P. I have carried a P99 before which is almost identical. The rounded shape of the P99/PPQ will help with concealment. Good belt and holster and it shod be a good carry gun.

Top Bottom