• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    Although this isnt a 1911 related question, I know I will get an answer here. I love my Browning HP's like I love my 1911's (ok, not as much). In saying that, I have two that are pretty much minty... 99%. The first is a Practical, the second is one of the old Bright pistols with gold trigger.

The last one is an all matching numbers war time gun with eagles and the works. The bluing is around 85-90% but, by no means great. I literally have no attachment to this gun as it was not a family members or anything like that... I got it for a nice deal from a friend. In all honesty the only reason I still own it is because my wife is 100% German and she thinks its cool.

So in saying that, I have been thinking of having a HP gone over and reworked... the war time gun is the only one that would need to have work done/could be redone... basically send it to Heirloom (or the likes). I have been told by a bunch of people to leave it alone and shoot it. I think it would be cool to bring it up to par but, I am not sure. Thoughts?

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    It is what you make it. Ultimately the gun is yours and while it is a neat piece of history, it's not the only one in existence, it doesn't have any sentimental value to you, I say go for it.
    It might be a cool conversation piece to have waffenamts on a slicked up HP.

Latewatch

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Henryville, IN
    If it is an original WWII era Nazi Hi-Power it would be a shame to destroy the history by having it "reworked" There are plenty of collectors out there that would pay good money for an original wartime Nazi Hi-Power and then you could pick up another Hi-Power and still have money left over for your rework.
    :twocents:

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    If it is an original WWII era Nazi Hi-Power it would be a shame to destroy the history by having it "reworked" There are plenty of collectors out there that would pay good money for an original wartime Nazi Hi-Power and then you could pick up another Hi-Power and still have money left over for your rework.
    :twocents:
    This is my thought. This isn't some $89 Mosin-Nagant.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    If I were going to send a pistol to Heirloom Precision for a customization... It'd not be a war trophy in such fine condition as you describe.

Now - I MAY entertain the idea of SELLING said HP in order to purchase another HP to send to Heirloom...

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    All very sound advise! Please don't ruin the gun. As was already recommended sell it and use the money for another gun and re work. Ultimately it is your gun and you can do what you want but since you asked.

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    lOOK AT IT THIS WAY . We are caretakers of historical firearms Not owners .That gun has historical value to a collector
    Sell it or keep it in the original condition ,I have seen many collectors dispose of their guns to other collectors to pass on the history.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Welllll....... here's a pic of mine...

P9Hl84.jpg

Top Bottom