• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sawed off

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2014
    South bend
    Anyone have any experience with a Walther PPX? Seems like they have a bad reputation on some of the forums. I found that the weapon fits my had nicely, have larger hands. The grip seems to be the point of the bad rap. I have found one for a good price at Bud's and am curious for someone else's thoughts on the weapon. Thanks in advance.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    If at all possible, I'd go with the PPQ. It is more money, but its also better in every way. The trigger is in my top 3 for striker fired pistols with stock triggers, and if push came to shove I'd say it was probably THE best.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    If at all possible, I'd go with the PPQ. It is more money, but its also better in every way. The trigger is in my top 3 for striker fired pistols with stock triggers, and if push came to shove I'd say it was probably THE best.

I completely agree, the trigger on the PPQ is hard to beat. I've never handled a PPX, but in pics the grip looks very similar to the PPQ, though not exactly the same. You might try the PPQ with the large backstrap on to see if it works for you. Otherwise, you might see if any local ranges have one you can rent (PPQ or PPX). Of course, the only con about the PPQ is that it's ~$200 more.

Decent reviews on the PPX if you decide to take a chance on it:

Gun Review: Walther PPX - The Truth About Guns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZYHzqlMqSg

I didn't realize it was hammer fired and not striker fired until I watched the Hickok45 review.

Last edited:

JT1968

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    Aurora
    I own both the PPX and PPQ. IMHO, yes the PPQ is a better gun in every way but it's not priced as an entry level gun, as the PPX is. The PPX is Walthers entry level model, and in that role it does very well against the competition. Holster selection is very limited. However, spare mags don't cost an arm and a leg. I like mine, although one of my shooting buddies doesn't find it comfortable in his hand. Maybe see if you can rent one at your local range and decide if you like or not.

Sawed off

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2014
    South bend
    the PPX does fit my hand rather well. that was one of the reasons for considering the weapon. I like the trigger feel quite a bit better than my Glock. Appreciate all the feedback.

Top Bottom