• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tetsujin79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    NWI
    With the rise of value priced factory custom competition guns, will more people get into competition or will custom makers lose business or both???

Anything that gets more people into more shooting fun is okay by me. I do foresee a lot of these sitting on used shelves in the future as people pick them up, try them, and then flip them.

I don't see the custom makers losing much anyways since the person buying a factory custom comp gun was never really going to buy a full-on custom. Maybe this will make the custom shops more competitive with each other and really innovate where they can?

Zjhagens

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    I can definitely see this giving the Glock 34 some competition in the 3 Gun realm. A factory ported gun for under $800, especially in a great platform like the M&P I think will do well. That is, if Smith gets it together and picks their quality back up. Ive seen a steady decline in QC over the last year or so.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Gimmick.

It's not legal for most gun game divisions, and in the divisions it is legal, it wouldn't even be close to competitive.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Gimmick.

It's not legal for most gun game divisions, and in the divisions it is legal, it wouldn't even be close to competitive.

meh, gun games are a gimmick. They'll get you killed, that's a fact. In a dynamic critical sphincter-tightener, a bad guy will yell, "unload, show clear", you'll instinctively do that fancy bullet flip thing, and he'll beat you to death with a kindle. True story.

still looks like a fun toy.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    meh, gun games are a gimmick. They'll get you killed, that's a fact. In a dynamic critical sphincter-tightener, a bad guy will yell, "unload, show clear", you'll instinctively do that fancy bullet flip thing, and he'll beat you to death with a kindle. True story.

still looks like a fun toy.

:laugh:

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Midwest Gun Exchange has them in stock for $599.00. Ask for Ryan if you come in and want to see one.

ETA - Misquoted the price. Actually should be $699.

Last edited:

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    If I didn't already haven a built up Glock 17 for steel with umpteen magazines one of these would definitely be on my radar. A Trijicon RMR and a trip to Ray Saltzman for trigger work and it would be a great informal competition gun.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    My bad guys. I said $599, but they are actually $699. Sorry. I was trying to go by memory. Double checked the price this morning. That's still over $100 below MSRP.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom