• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redfox033

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2013
    Newburgh
    So... I'm wanting a full size 9mm. I was just going to go buy the Glock 17, but then I came across the H&K VP9. I really like both H&K and Glock. I'm kinda torn... What say you?

My problem is; I can only get one. LOL.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Which one feels better in your hand? If you can justify the price difference and the HK feels better in your hand go for it, otherwise join us on the dark side.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] –[/FONT] Certified Glock armorer

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    I've been carrying a Glock 19 for a couple of years now I think, pretty much completely sold on the Glock platform for carry and defense.

I bought a VP9 a month ago and I'm about 80% convinced it's going to replace my Glock :(

redfox033

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2013
    Newburgh
    I think I'm still leaning towards the glock. Most law enforcement carries them and they are tried and true... I'm going Monday to look at both and get my new toy

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Have both, VP9 without a question for me, I like the trigger better, ergos MUCH better, just feels right. Not dumping the Glock, but the VP9 gets much more love!

AceDerringer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I would go with VP9 and never look back.... I love the feel and the accuracy out of the box is incredible!! I have a glock too but the VP9 crushes it head to head for me... If you are close to Fort Wayne I will let ya run both of mine at the range...

MusicMatt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 21, 2014
    Lake County
    I own a VP9 and the hype is justified. But it is the new guy on the block and it's hard to tell what kind of staying power it will have. Try the Sig P320. It is also an amazing platform and seriously needs some more love.

redfox033

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2013
    Newburgh
    Thanks for the offer to shoot them. If I was close to Ft.Wayne id love to shoot them, but I'm in the southern tip of Indiana... I'll let you know Monday what I get.

AceDerringer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Anytime, I would highly recommend trying to shoot them both first hand, having shot both, I know when put head to head the HK will win running away with it.... its hardly even fair the HK is that much better across the board.

Hkfiend

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    in the Ford Galaxy
    VP9 all the way. I've had a gen 3 17 and a gen 4 17 and although they were great pistols, they weren't anything I carried for too long. VP9 Fits my hand better and has a better trigger to me. I'm in Evansville, and I'd offer to let shoot the VP9, but finding time to do so would be the hard part

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Why not the Walther PPQ it has the same ergos but a slightly better trigger IMHO.
    You speak the truth from everything I've read. I have a vp9 but no ppq so I can't speak to it firsthand. I'd say you couldn't go wrong with either. I also like my G17 but I had to have it worked on to like the trigger and it's still not a bullseye shooter like my vp9.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    VP9 all the way. I've had a gen 3 17 and a gen 4 17 and although they were great pistols, they weren't anything I carried for too long. VP9 Fits my hand better and has a better trigger to me. I'm in Evansville, and I'd offer to let shoot the VP9, but finding time to do so would be the hard part

^^^^What he said^^^^.

Taurahe

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Greenwood
    I took my VP9 to the range for the first time this week and was blown away. The ergonomics are incredible, it is super accurate, recoil management is excellent.... I really could not find anything to dislike. I posted my range report here as well, you should give it a read.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    The H&K has a mag release that is unlike 95% of the other defensive handguns out there (i.e. lever vs. button). This may have training implications, and implications "in the thick of it" if you're switching back and forth between handguns with different kinds of mag releases.

Ergo, there'd have to be something very compelling about the VP9 for me to switch to a different kind of mag release.

Top Bottom