• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mpd

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    Westfield
    Bought gun number two today. A springfield xd 9mm subcompact. I wanted something that CCW. Two features I like about this gun over others in the same category: 1) safety indicator on top of the gun to indicate a loaded round in the chamber 2) safety handle

I bought this gun also because my other gun blew up... literally! My ruger gp100 had a catastrophic failure when the cylinder cracked after shooting. I'm damn lucky I still have my two fingers.

DFM914

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Avon
    On your GP, were you shooting reloads or factory ammo? I ask because the GP100 is built very well and seldom fails.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Congratulations. The saftey handle is called a grip safety. I like the chamber loaded indicator also but NEVER depend on it to tell you it's loaded or not. It's a mechanical part that can fail. Always open and check to make sure it's clear. I carry an XDm and like the features also. The grip safety takes some getting used to but practice with it until you are 100% comfortable with it.

JB357Mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Yea!
    Great choice!!

I have an XD9SC and I carry it every day.

I have about 700 rounds through it without 1 single issue what so ever.

Jimmy

mpd

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    Westfield
    Congratulations. The saftey handle is called a grip safety. I like the chamber loaded indicator also but NEVER depend on it to tell you it's loaded or not. It's a mechanical part that can fail. Always open and check to make sure it's clear. I carry an XDm and like the features also. The grip safety takes some getting used to but practice with it until you are 100% comfortable with it.

Why did you choose a XDm vs XD?

Indynic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    Parts Unknown

XDm is basically the evolution of the XD line. It sports a "match grade" barrel, adjustable back straps, among other features.

The "Compact" 9mm version sports 13+1 capacity and uses the full size version 9mm standard magazine with a grip spacer to get you to 19+1 capacity. You get one of each from the factory.

The full size 9mm version has the largest capacity of any full size 9mm with a flush fitting magazine.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    XDm is basically the evolution of the XD line. It sports a "match grade" barrel, adjustable back straps, among other features.

The "Compact" 9mm version sports 13+1 capacity and uses the full size version 9mm standard magazine with a grip spacer to get you to 19+1 capacity. You get one of each from the factory.

The full size 9mm version has the largest capacity of any full size 9mm with a flush fitting magazine.

Huge fan of the XDm line here. I have the compact in both .40 and 9mm... LOVE them, and the .40 is such a soft shooter for being a compact. I think the CZ P-09 may hold one more round than the full-sized XDm, but the full-sized XDm in 9mm is quite likely next on my list. Love the grip and angle of the XDm line, and for whatever reason, their 3-dot sights just work for me. The triggers are just slightly mushy (IMO) compared to a clean, crisp break of other pistols, but again, for whatever reason, that works for me really well too.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola

I like the features of the XDm a little better. I bought the 5.25 competition model in 9mm. It comes factory with a fiber optic front sight and adjustable rear sights and the interchangeable back straps. The 19 round mags are a plus too. I used it to shoot steel plate competitions and loved it. I don't get to shoot them much anymore but I still OC it when I can. I'm a bigger guy and with a good gun belt and holster, I can CC it pretty easy.

I have nothing against the XD line, just no experience with them.

hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    Congrats on your latest acquisition!:yesway:
    I too have an XD9SC. It has about 10,000 reliable rounds through it now.
    I carry it daily, and practice with it @ the range.
    It's quite pleasant to shoot.

mpd

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    Westfield

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Congrats on your latest acquisition!:yesway:
    I too have an XD9SC. It has about 10,000 reliable rounds through it now.
    I carry it daily, and practice with it @ the range.
    It's quite pleasant to shoot.

Alright, this is downright impressive right here. Have you replaced anything on it yet? Guide rod recoil spring, or otherwise? I have read before that those little SC's are built like tanks!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom