aliengearhosters.com
    aliengear website

with their holster you can get various shells

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    I like the foxx trap holster.. It's as small as it gets aside from just a clip on the firearm. I have gotten use to the Galco ankle glove and like it as well.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    The absolute best CCW holster is an IWB holster, which means In The Waistband.

The ABSOLUTE BEST IWB holster is the Comp-TAC MTAC, which is a leather/Kydex hybrid holster. If you research it, you'll find that I am correct in saying it's the best.

Now, if you're interested in Appendix carry, the Dale Fricke Archangel holster is the best.

xdmdude

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    southport
    The thing about holsters is its such a personal thing. What I like may not work for you. However I generally like the desantis owb leather holsters. Decent quality for a decent price.

addictedhealer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Monroe County
    What gun?

I prefer clamshell style holsters. Hate hybrids, pain putting on and hot in the summer months. Plus those things are huge if you need to stick the gun and holster away.

I like PJ holsters and Cooks holsters for iwb.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    I carry several different handguns and so have a selection of holsters. High Noon Holsters make my favorite IWB and I have several in the "tuckable" versions. I have one Old Faithfull holster who have now merged with Alien Gear holsters. I just purchased a Remora for my Glock 26 and am also impressed with it. Jim.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    My absolute favorite CCW holster is the Phantom from Raven Concealment Systems. Raven Concealment Systems Only available through their web store but they are the real deal.

After months of shopping I finally bought a Raven and cannot imagine a better design or a better company to deal with. I have 4 Phantoms (3 for full-size autos and 1 Mini-Phantom for my G42) and several other products from Raven such as mag carriers and their Modu-Loader system for shotguns.

Huge Big Shout Out to Comp-Tac as well. I love their products and use theirs for my IDPA/USPSA shooting and I doubt I'll ever holster shop again from any other companies aside from Raven and Comp-Tac.

mpd

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    Westfield
    Wow lots of options. .. i should have been more specific with the gun. Its a xd 9mm subcompact. Now which options would be best.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    If you like a hybrid holster, check out White Hat Holsters. Since you're in Indiana, you'll want their horsehide because of the humidity. They use really nice hardware, and their kydex is swappable if you want to use the holster with another gun. Their hybrid holsters are VERY nice.

If you want a full kydex IWB, check out JM Customs. They make some really nice ones. Dale Fricke was already mentioned. His are nice as well.

Onionsanddragons

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 13, 2014
    Terre Haute
    It depends if you are the type to strap it in and just leave the holster be, or if you have situations or preferences that require you to remove the holster and weapon more than once on an average day.

if you don't need or want to take it off other than bedtime, a hybrid IWB is a really good choice. Lots of great options, but I would recommend AGAINST the Galco KingTuk. The leather is flimsy and does not hold up well to holstering repeatedly. For the price it costs you could get a custom made holster of simply better quality.

if you want on and off kydex is probably the way to go, though there are a couple makers that do single FOMI clip hybrids, like Theis Holsters that also fit the bill. Of the kydex makers, JM custom and Multi Holsters are a couple of the very best. RCS is also very good.

Top Bottom