• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldguyguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    Cicero
    Anyone have recommendations for a pistol rest? The Random Rest looks nice but don't want to spend $400 + for a rest since I won't use it that often. Ideas brands etc appreciated.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    If you really want to squeeze all the accuracy out of a gun for serious competition, the Ransom Rest is the only thing out there that can do it. Sandbags and other pistol rests require a lot of good shooting technique and good eyes. You can get extremely good results with the Ransom Rest the first time out, if you have a very solid base with which to affix it. Excellent results with sandbags and other pistol rests usually is a work in progress. All that being said, most casual shooters wouldn't benefit from a RR, because they don't need to squeeze that much accuracy out of their guns/ammo.

mshogren

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Nov 20, 2010
    Arcadia
    I picked up a Caldwell rest from Menard's that is a combined rifle and pistol rest. I have not use the pistol rest for shooting, but I did use it to sight in a laser to same point of aim as the sights. Might just need to get is out and shoot with it since I am developing some new loads for my pistols though...

Mark

Top Bottom