• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Justin727

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Bargersville
    I am in the LONG process of collecting parts for an AR Pistol build. I picked up an Anderson stripped lower and stripped upper at a local shop at a decent deal to get the ball rolling so to speak.

Any and all pistol build related advice is welcomed!

The main question that I have tonight is in regards to barrels: I am looking for a 10.5" barrel. What do I need to know? What specs should I look for and why? What should I need to spend to get a quality 10.5" barrel?

AR-15 Rifle Barrel, 10.5" M4 Profile Barrel W / 1 in 8 Twist Parkerized .223 / 5.56 NATO
    Is this a good deal?

Thanks for your help!

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    $74.99 for a barrel that's rated for 150,000 rounds of life but not chrome lined or nitrided? Damn

Well, for a cheap pistol and to play with, the barrel might not be bad. Found it odd that they said most AR barrels aren't chrome lined.

I went with a 10.5" Rainier select barrel for my build, it's been 100% reliable.

If you get a Sig PSB for it, get a KAK tube, they're worth the price.

Justin727

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Bargersville
    $74.99 for a barrel that's rated for 150,000 rounds of life but not chrome lined or nitrided? Damn

Well, for a cheap pistol and to play with, the barrel might not be bad. Found it odd that they said most AR barrels aren't chrome lined.

I went with a 10.5" Rainier select barrel for my build, it's been 100% reliable.

If you get a Sig PSB for it, get a KAK tube, they're worth the price.

Honestly I had not read thru the link I posted thoroughly, that "deal" just popped up on slickguns.com. I am not trying to put together a cheap build. I want good quality parts. I don't want or need to over spend unnecessarily but def do not want to compromise quality to save a buck.

I am def going with the KAK tube!!

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    I know you said you're doing 5.56 (or at least the link indicates that), but I'd consider 300 blackout *IF* you reload
    -better in a pistol format (powder is burnt in approx. first 9 inches of barrel), so less unburnt powder, less flash, less wasted potential of the 5.56 round.

Your upper and lower sounds fine, not sure about barrel. If you don't love it, you could likely sell it for same price. and yes, go with the KAK tube + SB15 brace
    I'd keep checkign slickguns and palmetto for lower parts kits, upper parts, etc.

Justin727

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Bargersville
    I know you said you're doing 5.56 (or at least the link indicates that), but I'd consider 300 blackout *IF* you reload
    -better in a pistol format (powder is burnt in approx. first 9 inches of barrel), so less unburnt powder, less flash, less wasted potential of the 5.56 round.

Your upper and lower sounds fine, not sure about barrel. If you don't love it, you could likely sell it for same price. and yes, go with the KAK tube + SB15 brace
    I'd keep checkign slickguns and palmetto for lower parts kits, upper parts, etc.

I did not buy that barrel yet. Just posted it to see if it is a decent deal. I do not currently reload. I am in the "planning phase" for my quest to become a reloader. I have been saving brass and money to buy the hardware needed.

What can you reload 300 blackout for? (price per round)

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 4, 2011
    NWI
    I just got mine put together using a radical arms complete 10.5" upper, lpk, and pistol tube, Anderson lower, cmc flat trigger, and magpul k2 grip. I'm going with the thorsden adapter kit because I already have a caa saddle. A bit cheaper than the sig brace.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    On a side note, I just bought two of the barrels Classic is selling. the SS 10.5" and a 16" M's barrel. I have a couple lower budget builds floating around, I figured 75 was a good gamble! Reviews sound good, wylde chamber, mad by Bear Creek Arsenal I believe?... not that its exactly a household name.. i had my heart set on the ranier match 10.5, but didnt want to cough up the cash. The 16" barrel is going on something made entirely of old parts.

Top Bottom