I need to borrow a Sig P938 with rubber grips (Elkhart County)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I'm changing the text of this rather then starting a new thread, but the title still stands.

I have a friend that is looking to purchase a carry pistol, and they would like to try shooting the Sig 938. They really like the feel in hand of the version that has the rubber grips and the pinky extension on the mag.

If any of you have a Sig P938 with the black rubber grips & with a pinky extension on the magazine available that I could borrow please let me know. I'm in Elkhart County and would be willing to drive a little way to come pick it up. I can pay you for the use of it as well. If you would want a character witness you can ask JetGirl about me, and I have met some of the other guys from the Michiana area as well. I can show you my LTCH as well if you would like that. I know it's a bit of a shot in the dark, but if you have one or know of someone that does and would be willing to loan it to someone please let me know via PM and a post here.

We were planning to rent the one that Midwest Gun & Range usually has, but it is back at Sig getting work done right now.

If I can find someone that is willing to loan one then I will see when we can set up a day that works for both my friend and I to go shooting and let you/the loanee know.

Thank you! :ingo:

Last edited:

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I have an extreme 938 with the pinky extension I'd be willing to meet at Midwest Range and let him shoot?

Does it have the rubber grips or the standard Extreme model grips? The grips were the part that felt the most different (better) to them over the other P938 models.

Last edited:

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I'm changing the text of this rather then starting a new thread, but the title still stands.

I have a friend that is looking to purchase a carry pistol, and they would like to try shooting the Sig 938. They really like the feel in hand of the version that has the rubber grips and the pinky extension on the mag.

If any of you have a Sig P938 with the black rubber grips & with a pinky extension on the magazine available that I could borrow please let me know. I'm in Elkhart County and would be willing to drive a little way to come pick it up. I can pay you for the use of it as well. If you would want a character witness you can ask JetGirl about me, and I have met some of the other guys from the Michiana area as well. I can show you my LTCH as well if you would like that. I know it's a bit of a shot in the dark, but if you have one or know of someone that does and would be willing to loan it to someone please let me know via PM and a post here.

We were planning to rent the one that Midwest Gun & Range usually has, but it is back at Sig getting work done right now.

If I can find someone that is willing to loan one then I will see when we can set up a day that works for both my friend and I to go shooting and let you/the loanee know.

Thank you! :ingo:

I bought the one with the rubber grip like you want. I don't live close so no go on shooting it.

Looking back I should have bought one with the standard grip because that one came with two mags one flush fit and one extended. The rubber grip model only comes with one mag (extended). The mags are hard to find and are like fifty bucks.

I should have bought the other model that came with both mags and could have easily and cheaply put a Hogue grip on it myself.

Food for thought. Up to you. Will be happy either way. The 938 is a really nice quality piece. It is accurate and has never given me any problems at all. Night sights are great. Often forget it is on my person and I have to feel around for it. I want the 238 now just cuz.

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I bought the one with the rubber grip like you want. I don't live close so no go on shooting it.

Looking back I should have bought one with the standard grip because that one came with two mags one flush fit and one extended. The rubber grip model only comes with one mag (extended). The mags are hard to find and are like fifty bucks.

I should have bought the other model that came with both mags and could have easily and cheaply put a Hogue grip on it myself.

Food for thought. Up to you. Will be happy either way. The 938 is a really nice quality piece. It is accurate and has never given me any problems at all. Night sights are great. Often forget it is on my person and I have to feel around for it. I want the 238 now just cuz.

Thank you for the advice! That may be what my friend ends up doing, buying a standard and putting the Hogue grips on it. But since they want the rubber grips I think that should be they one they try shooting. We'll probably end up waiting until Midwest gets their 938 back. Hopefully it won't be too long. :)

Thanks again for the advice.

GlockRiver

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    The Zone
    Check out Palmetto State Armory for the best deal going. I got the P938 SAS model for... $499. Its the best version IMHO. Rounded corners and edges make for no snag holstering. No one can touch the price.

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Check out Palmetto State Armory for the best deal going. I got the P938 SAS model for... $499. Its the best version IMHO. Rounded corners and edges make for no snag holstering. No one can touch the price.

Thanks! I don't know if I knew they had a rounded off version. Thanks. :)

Top Bottom