Has anyone tried the Tru Spec concealed carry shirt yet?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    I have one that's black and grey. I've worn it a few times before and noticed the seams felt kinda rough. Definitely not for a full size gun. I carried a little SR-22 in it before I got my Shield. Haven't worn it since though with the Shield. Maybe with the colder weather I'll put it to use again. I like having the trigger covered and in a holster on my hip more than carrying it in the shirt.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    TLH, since you have to wear an over garment anyway, is there any reason you would choose this over a standard holster? Just wondering.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Pops Indoor range (East Washington St at Post Rd) in Indy has them, I would look like a guy with a pacemaker under my left MOOB if I had one on.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I wonder if this would be a good option for riding, whether on motorcycle or bicycle?

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    Yeah, I don't see this kinda shirt as a 'first option' and never did. You have to wear something over it to be conspicuous. I did wear mine one time on a trip where it was a 'better than nothing' option carrying an SR-22. I tried my M&P VTAC in it and the whole time, I was scared the gun was going to fall on the floor during a simulated light jog. If I was gearing up for a serious outing, I might wear it for other purposes such as carrying additional gear.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Never had tried that brand, the "pockets" look like they would let a gun move around too much. I have a couple from Concealment T and a couple from Kramer that hold my PF-9 very well and are great for deep concealment in places like church.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I bought one a few years ago. Waste of money in my opinion, better off with a IWB. Basically, cant get to a firearm quickly, prints pretty bad (at least on me), uncomfortable.

Jeepsandguns

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2013
    Carmel
    I wonder if this would be a good option for riding, whether on motorcycle or bicycle?
    I've thought the same thing for awhile. When I go on long rides (bicycle), I sometimes end up cutting through not great areas and wish I had my gun with me.

Top Bottom