• ...and so much more!
  • tackshot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 11, 2014
    Southside
    Which model and why?
    Main job for it will be sitting in a book shelf for my mom, occasional carry by myself, mainly wanting one because of the price (used) and a little thinner than my glock 19 that I EDC,

I've never shot or even held one, hopefully I'll find one to handle at a local gun shop here soon.
    pics are always welcome!

Thanks INGO!!

addictedhealer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Monroe County
    CW9 or CM9. CM9 is a round less and a finger less on the grip. I'd say the CW9 is perfect. Love mine. One issue I have though is that Kahr slides are very stiff and woman have trouble locking the slide back of working the actions. Just a heads up.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    I don't leave home without my CM9. :)

I was on the fence for the first month or so about if I wanted to keep it or not, but after about 500 rounds or so (I don't count) I've had zero failures. It disappears with a pair of jeans and a t-shirt and I take naps all the time with it still holstered.

For occasional carry/occasional leaving on the shelf/home gun the CW9 is likely better for you. A little longer, little taller.

I'm happy I've kept mine, your mileage may vary though.

KahrCW9-KahrPM9NEWcomparison-1.jpg

CW9_CM9.JPG

Last edited:

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    If you are pocket carrying, them CM9 is your best bet of the two. For any other forms or carry, I'd recommend the CW9 due to the extra round and larger grip.

sliptap

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I've owned both a CW9 and a CM9. The CM9 is a lot easier to carry, but the CW9 is a lot easier to shoot. The trigger will be a lot different than your Glock 19...longer, but smoother.

Go to the gun store and handle a few to see what feels good to you. Given your stated purpose, I think the CW9 is a better fit, but YMMV.

For what it is worth, I sold my first CW9 when I bought my CM9...then purchased another as a cheaper backup later. I don't regret either purchase.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    CW9 or CM9. CM9 is a round less and a finger less on the grip. I'd say the CW9 is perfect. Love mine. One issue I have though is that Kahr slides are very stiff and woman have trouble locking the slide back of working the actions. Just a heads up.

Not to discount the fact that some people have issue with the slide on auto pistols, last weekend the wife and I took a sampling of our carry guns to a buddys house for his wife to try. She was basically a first timer with a handgun, but had zero issues with the slide on any of the pistols we took for her to try (an MK9 being one the the several autos).

Actually, after shooting all of the guns we had for her, she was most interested in 2 different ones, the MK9 being one of the 2.

If size is of no concern, the CW9 would be a bit easier to hold on to. If the extra round in the mag is a worry, the CM has a +2 mag available for it. For a carry gun, they dont get much smaller than the little Kahr 9s.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Not to discount the fact that some people have issue with the slide on auto pistols, last weekend the wife and I took a sampling of our carry guns to a buddys house for his wife to try. She was basically a first timer with a handgun, but had zero issues with the slide on any of the pistols we took for her to try (an MK9 being one the the several autos).

Actually, after shooting all of the guns we had for her, she was most interested in 2 different ones, the MK9 being one of the 2.

If size is of no concern, the CW9 would be a bit easier to hold on to. If the extra round in the mag is a worry, the CM has a +2 mag available for it. For a carry gun, they dont get much smaller than the little Kahr 9s.

Ignore the dirty desk, but this is my CM9:

uFReXBB.jpg

Pierce grip extension for better grip. I also kept one six round magazine flush and have two 7 round magazines that also extend the grip.

So if grip is a problem, there are several solutions. I usually carry with either the 'flush' 6 round magazine or the one shown with the extension depending on my shirt.

Tac45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2012
    SS
    CW9. I can get my pinky on the grip without having to buy aftermarket ext., it is perfectly accurate at reasonable self defense distances (gone out to 30ft with it personally), and it awesome for CCW....

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    I am a huge fan of the K9 and the MK9 though they are going to weigh a little more than the Poly models. Just my two cents. I see them as holding their value better than a Poly just my opinion though. Take it for what it is.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I am a huge fan of the K9 and the MK9 though they are going to weigh a little more than the Poly models. Just my two cents. I see them as holding their value better than a Poly just my opinion though. Take it for what it is.

I agree, although, I was unfamiliar with the entire Kahr line until purchasing my MK9. I Just happened to fall into a great deal on it, and was considering taking it home to flip it. That is, until I shot it.

red46239

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    SE Indy
    ....I take naps all the time.....

What a bum..... :):

J/K I'm just jealous... Last time I tried to take a nap my 4 y.o. daughter jumped up in my lap and kneed me in the junk. Now I'm afraid to try.

Edit to add: Sorry for getting off topic. I have no personal experience with Kahr, but I may have to check one out.

Midskier

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    NWI IL/IN BORDER
    for sitting on a bookshelf of the 2 , the cw is bigger one - nice to shoot yadda yadda yadda - cw is almost exactly the same size as S&W Shield, make the cw fairly easy to conceal - obviously the cm will conceal even easier

good luck

Glock10MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012

:+1:

If it is just going to "sit" the stainless steel frame is better. Especially, for someone that is/might be recoil sensitive.

tackshot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 11, 2014
    Southside
    Thanks to all who responded.
    I plan on going to bradis tomorrow to fondle a few, poly and steel,
    Don't know if it'll be soon (hopefully) but I'll post pics as soon as I bring one home.

Top Bottom