• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    Just a super nice revolver I was able to acquire at the Lafayette gun show this past weekend. Lockup is tight, gun is in very good condition, and only needed a light cleaning. Gun has a 4" bull barrel, super sweet trigger pull, and is chambered in .357 magnum. I have been looking for one for awhile and didn't want to spend a bunch on it. It is very similar to a ruger police service six in size, and fits the same holster I have.
    m65.jpg

Dyerbill

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    NWIndiana
    Congratulations....that was the jewel of the show...you must of bought it Saturday...I didn't see it Sunday. I have 3 older S&W revolvers and I carry them the most.

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    Got it Sunday morning, paid $400 out the door. I rarely see S&W revolvers under $500, so I figured it was a good price. I saw one about a year ago for $450, but I passed on it. I regretted that, so when I saw this one I pulled the trigger.

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    I've got a 65-4 also and love it. I was looking for a 66 and a guy at the tri-state show had the 65-4 on his table for $525. I offered him $450 and he took it. I really like the gun and everyone else that has shot it really likes it also. I looks and sounds like you got a great deal on a great gun. Enjoy.

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    Finally got a day off and went to the range to test her out. I have shot a lot of revolvers over the years and have found Smiths and Rugers to all be good shooters. I have a Ruger police service six that I can hit a six inch paper plate at 25 yards all day long. I have always considered it my most accurate .357 magnum. The Model 65 might just be a little better, as I was able to hit the target at 25 yards like it was only 10 yards away. This gun is scary accurate. It was simply dead on, and quickly destroyed the center of the target. I will try and get to the range again this weekend, and shoot some more targets with each, and post pictures. I know 4" revolvers are what I shoot the most accurate (I don't know why, but I have always shot them well) but this gun is ridiculously accurate. I guess if you are looking for a shooter in the $500 range, this might be the gun for you. Here is a pic of the Smith and Wesson Model 65 and the Ruger Police service six.
    m65.jpg

a024.jpg

Last edited:

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Don't give ALL of the credit to the gun - you were an active participant in the process of blowing the center of the target out........ Glad you got a good one man. Feed that gun mainly 140-158 gr loads and very few 110-125 gr. loads and the forcing cone will last MUCH longer. Don't ask me how I know......

Top Bottom