• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tac45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2012
    SS
    Hey guys! Just wanted to share my new 1911. It is a Citadel (Armscor) FS 9mm.

It is awesome! The fit and finish is excellent. Got it home, stripped it...cleaned it (TONS of oil and crap on it), and swapped the grips out on it.

I used the low odor mineral spirits as were recommended on another forum to clean it.

Complete disassembly was super easy...just followed some instructions I found online. Reassembly wasn't bad, except for getting both sides of the ambi safety to lock together. Once I figured that out it was nothin!

Got it lubed up, some front strap grip tape on it (we'll see how I like that...) and the Pearce rubber grips. Also some mag base pads from the 'bay. Looks killer in my humble opinion
    smile.gif

Oh ya, and both mags are Metalform ramped 9mm mags, and both drop free just fine, which is one complaint I had read about with them...

She has around 200 flawless rounds of Freedom Munitions 124gn FMJ through so far...

19114.jpg

19113.jpg

19116.jpg

19118.jpg

19117.jpg

NightmareOne

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Jamestown ND
    She has around 200 flawless rounds of Freedom Munitions 124gn FMJ through so far...
    Get used to it... I have a GI model with countless rounds through it that has never been cleaned/oiled. All I have done with it, is change the grips to Hogues and kept on rock'n. :ar15:Not even an initial wipe down or nothin... figured I would test it to see what it could handle until it failed so I would know; guess we're still testing. :D
    Col

Tac45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2012
    SS
    The lettering on the underside of the dust cover was a bit sharp so I just stuck a piece of that grip over it. I do like the hogue wraparound grips, but like the looks of regular grips better. I may try out the gouges again sometime.

NightmareOne

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Jamestown ND
    Aw, got ya. Was just wondering, because it seemed like an odd place for an indexing point. I get that about the looks of the regular grips. I have a set of pewter USMC grips that I really like, but when it comes to practicality... I just have to stick with the hogue set. Let me know if you have any questions on your new 1911 and I'll do my best to help.
    Col

Tac45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2012
    SS
    Thanks man...I'm extremely happy with it so far. Shooting today after work...love short work days!

NightmareOne

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Jamestown ND
    Lucky guy, having a short day and goin shooting after. And your new pistol is in a caliber that is readily available and relatively inexpensive too.
    $329 is a very good price for that weapon. Was that with the mail in rebate, or was that just for Rock Island branded 1911s? I know they had that goin until yesterday, but I didn't dig into it far enough to know if other brands made under them were included. I suppose not, as RIA is a separate brand made by Armscor and their sale/rebates would have no bearing on the other companies that contract with Armscor. Ha, glad I was able to work that through for us... lol :n00b::nuts:
    Col

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    They were on sale at Rural King a few weeks ago when they had their 12% off of everything as a rebate. [STRIKE]$350[/STRIKE] $ 329.99 after the rebate.

Last edited:

NightmareOne

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Jamestown ND
    lol... They are so hard to pass up. Well worth every dime and then some like three times over; these days it's hard to find anything like that. I had heard rumors in the past that they are made on old Colt machinery. I have since compared my 1911A1 to a 1980s Colt model 70 and they are definitely very, very similar. So much so, that I am convince the rumors were true. That just makes we wonder why everyone doesn't just scoop them up like crazy; I mean you are getting a 1970ish-1990ish Colt with some variances in triggers, safeties, etc.... for super cheap; what is there not to like about that? Just crazy how some people can fall completely into the trap of "Blind Elitism." Sad actually.
    Col

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I have since compared my 1911A1 to a 1980s Colt model 70 and they are definitely very, very similar. So much so, that I am convince the rumors were true.

Well they are 1911s. Why would they not be similar in style when you follow the same design parameters? I mean if two musicians are playing off the same sheet of music one ain't going to be playing Dixie and the other Yankee Doodle.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    lol... They are so hard to pass up. Well worth every dime and then some like three times over; these days it's hard to find anything like that. I had heard rumors in the past that they are made on old Colt machinery. I have since compared my 1911A1 to a 1980s Colt model 70 and they are definitely very, very similar. So much so, that I am convince the rumors were true. That just makes we wonder why everyone doesn't just scoop them up like crazy; I mean you are getting a 1970ish-1990ish Colt with some variances in triggers, safeties, etc.... for super cheap; what is there not to like about that? Just crazy how some people can fall completely into the trap of "Blind Elitism." Sad actually.
    Col

The Citadel guns are made in the same Armscor factory in the Philippines as Rock Island Armory and a few other brands. The only difference is the roll mark on the side and the name of the company that imports them to the USA.

I know they had Colt machinery/tooling at one time, but I would be surprised if it lasted this long. They've made a LOT of 1911s.

They're a little rough, but most work well and you can can't beat the value. A functional 1911 for under $400 including taxes and other fees is a good deal.

Tac45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2012
    SS
    This is my first 1911 that I could afford to shoot...let's put it that way. I had a Taurus PT1911 in 45 a few years ago, but it was just too expensive to shoot and I wasn't in love with it, so it was traded away.

This is pretty much like any other 1911, so I'm not sure what you were getting at there Nightmare...I mean the design hasn't really changed in over 100 years, except it is a little dressed up with the front cocking serrations and beavertail....parkerized finish....oh and these are Series 70.

It shoots great, and feels great in the hand.

I am shooting it a little left, and a little low as you can see in the pics from earlier today. I am not quite sure enough if it is me or the sights....but it is accentuated when I send the target further out. The first pic is at 5 yards (15ft), and the second is 1 magazine at 20 feet, and 1 at 30 feet. You can see the shots start to drift low and left the further out I send the target.

Have to shoot it more and get used to a 1911 trigger and the weight of the gun.
    But it's throws pretty nice groups (even if I do throw them low left :) )

10451726_721722004570601_3158139131527991004_n.jpg

488319_721721994570602_3589311006926928491_n.jpg

Top Bottom