• ...and so much more!
  • gdkaiser

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Michiana-South Bend
    I find it amazing when you post a pistol for sale and the amount of mis informed questions and comments you get

recently had a Beretta PX4 for sale, and was told if it was a early model it was a metal !
    Sorry but the Beretta PX4 storm never ever had a metal frame I Don't care what your buddy just bought etc... if its a PX4 its a polymer framed weapon!!!
    the Cougar was metal but guess what its not a PX4 Storm!
    JUST my Rant over people who want to wish you to have what they have never had in their hands!

Unless you were with me when I bought it or have taken it to the range or had it in your hand or opened the box the gun came in back off your not here!!!:xmad::xmad::xmad::nuts::bash::soapbox::soapbox::soapbox::soapbox::soapbox:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    snickers.gif

tumblr_inline_mu0x62ypv41rb2fcg.jpg

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    NO, no its not, now I want a snickers and I don't have any at home and I am in a way too lazy mood to get in the car and drive to the store, so thanks now I want a snickers and can't have one!!!! :drool: :xmad: :drool: :xmad: :drool:
    I have a whole carton of Snickers.....hmmmm.....I bet I could get at least 2 bucks a piece for them if I post em' in the classifieds!:):

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I find it amazing when you post a pistol for sale and the amount of mis informed questions and comments you get

recently had a Beretta PX4 for sale, and was told if it was a early model it was a metal !
    Sorry but the Beretta PX4 storm never ever had a metal frame I Don't care what your buddy just bought etc... if its a PX4 its a polymer framed weapon!!!
    the Cougar was metal but guess what its not a PX4 Storm!
    JUST my Rant over people who want to wish you to have what they have never had in their hands!

Unless you were with me when I bought it or have taken it to the range or had it in your hand or opened the box the gun came in back off your not here!!!:xmad::xmad::xmad::nuts::bash::soapbox::soapbox::soapbox::soapbox::soapbox:

So, who crapped in your lunch bucket?

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    OP, if you've still got the steel framed px4, I'll take it. I've been looking for one for a while. They're getting hard to find since they're only making polymer ones now.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    THIS is why posting pictures and a full and accurate description of exactly what it is one is selling it highly important. Alas, many (most?) Sellers don't 'bother' with this 'little inconvenience'.

Saying something like "PX4 Storm for sale" is insufficient. In this example, would that be a 9mm, .40 cal., or 45 ACP? Type F, Type C, Type D, or Type G? Full size, compact, sub-compact, or SD (Joint Combat Pistol)? And so forth.

Photos of the specific item being sold are essential. Anything else is just laziness, not a 'lack of knowledge and / or skill'. Stock photos from the manufactures website (or anywhere else) are unacceptable, period. The Seller (obviously) learned how to use a computer. Learn how to take digital images, upload them, and show them in the listing.

Buyers want to know, exactly, what they're buying, 'warts' and all. "Like NIB" is not the same as "Brand NIB". Every ding, dent, and scratch should be noted in the item description and shown in the provided photos. If that means posting 20 images, then it means posting 20 images, not "PM me for photos".

Unless the Seller is a licensed FFL dealer and the gun is new (directly from the manufacturer / wholesaler, and never had a registered owner), the gun is used. Period. "Like NIB" is meaningless. The item is used, it's just a matter of 'how used' and it likely doesn't include a warranty. If it does, that should be prominently stated in the item description. Otherwise, it's reasonable to presume there's no warranty, and should be reflected in the price.

So far on INGO, I've yet to see any 'real bargains'. Therefore, as a Buyer that makes frequent and regular purchases, I simply prefer to take the 'safer' route and buy from known, authorized, NIB Sellers where I get a warranty and there's a 'return for full refund in 30 days if not satisfied' (or similar) policy.

JMO.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    THIS is why posting pictures and a full and accurate description of exactly what it is one is selling it highly important. Alas, many (most?) Sellers don't 'bother' with this 'little inconvenience'.

Saying something like "PX4 Storm for sale" is insufficient. In this example, would that be a 9mm, .40 cal., or 45 ACP? Type F, Type C, Type D, or Type G? Full size, compact, sub-compact, or SD (Joint Combat Pistol)? And so forth.

Photos of the specific item being sold is essential. Stock photos from the manufactures website (or anywhere else) are unacceptable, period. The Seller (obviously) learned how to use a computer. Learn how to take digital images, upload them, and show them in the listing.

Buyers want to know, exactly, what they're buying, 'warts' and all. "Like NIB" is not the same as "Brand NIB". Every ding, dent, and scratch should be noted in the item description and shown in the provided photos. If that means posting 20 images, then it means posting 20 images, not "PM me for photos".

Unless the Seller is a licensed FFL dealer and the gun is new (directly from the manufacturer / wholesaler, and never had a registered owner), the gun is used. Period. "Like NIB" is meaningless. The item is used, it's just a matter of 'how used' and it likely doesn't include a warranty. If it does, that should be prominently stated in the item description. Otherwise, it's reasonable to presume there's no warranty, and should be reflected in the price.

So far on INGO, I've yet to see any 'real bargains'. Therefore, as a Buyer that makes frequent and regular purchases, I simply prefer to take the 'safer' route and buy from known, authorized, NIB Sellers where I get a warranty and there's a 'return for full refund in 30 days if not satisfied' (or similar) policy.

JMO.

/\ /\ /\ ^^^^ /\ /\ /\ This this this. There have been many ads with firearms and parts that I have been very interested in but without pictures, sorry, the old thing that pictures are worth a thousand words is part of it, because your picture might be worth hundreds of my dollars to you, not coming without photos. And yes I can google a similar looking weapon, but when you sell, well just read what ModernGunner wrote.

To note, at least gdkaiser does have photos in his ads.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

Photos of the specific item being sold are essential. Anything else is just laziness, not a 'lack of knowledge and / or skill'. Stock photos from the manufactures website (or anywhere else) are unacceptable, period. The Seller (obviously) learned how to use a computer. Learn how to take digital images, upload them, and show them in the listing.

JMO.

SO very true! The only minor disagreement I have is about not finding any "real bargains" on INGO. I've picked up a couple of real steals here, but I'm assuming it's a YMMV kinda thing.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    SO very true! The only minor disagreement I have is about not finding any "real bargains" on INGO. I've picked up a couple of real steals here, but I'm assuming it's a YMMV kinda thing.

I agree too, and I have also found some good deals here. But, for a long time I thought "BNIB" meant 'Bout New In Box... :):

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Dudes, and ladies. Report ads without pictures. I usually message the seller first, but if they say nothing about "no pictures" then message them or report them.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Someone selling an item once in a while will take pictures, and go through the process of explaining, because that sale is personal to him. Someone who is only here to flip **** will take as little time as possible to post the sale, because the sale is business. I wish people would just go to gunbroker if you want to do that ****...

This is my personal belief, and I understand why alot of people would disagree.. I think of INGO as a family, and I wish the classifieds better reflected this. I pay no attention to the classified section anymore because its full of hustlers, who have no real connections to INGO, they're just trying to use this site to make money. There's nothing really wrong with that, but somehow, still, there is to me... It would be nice if there was a way to keep the hustlers out. You couldnt just, say, make the classified restriction based on time instead of post count, because I see people here all the time who have been here for a year and only made 70 posts, most likely all on the classifieds.

I will just keep avoiding that section.

Top Bottom