Recommend a .22 suppressor host (pistol)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have had a M-II and a M-III with zero issues running suppressed.
    Have had 2 Sig Mosquito's with the same results.
    I now have a GSG 1911 and it runs flawlessly. It is the training platform we use to teach the lady's of the family and friends to shoot handgun with.
    Have shot M&P in .22 with no problems.

Choose your poison.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I have had a M-II and a M-III with zero issues running suppressed.
    Have had 2 Sig Mosquito's with the same results.
    I now have a GSG 1911 and it runs flawlessly. It is the training platform we use to teach the lady's of the family and friends to shoot handgun with.
    Have shot M&P in .22 with no problems.

Choose your poison.
    More like choose your drug. It can be kind of addicting shooting with a suppressor. :):

TheUziButton

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    I vote for the Ruger 22/45
    PLRg2245_01.jpg

AR22Sup_01.jpg

[video=youtube_share;rCcoUwpsAwQ]http://youtu.be/rCcoUwpsAwQ[/video]

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Browning Buckmark is a fantastic choice.

S&W 2214 (and a few related models, if I can remember right) is a fantastic choice.

Ruger Mk I, II, III and/or the Mk II or III 22/45 are also fantastic choices.

I recently read an article about the new S&W M&P22 Compact that's due out any time now - that may also be a fantastic choice (supposed to be better than the M&P 22 that's out now)

If you can score an older Mk II Ruger - buy it. My Mk II 22/45 was had for $250 several years ago. They're creeping up in price. The newer Mk III models have a mag safety and a LCI. It's my understanding that both of these can be "taken care of" because they're goofy, useless, and cruddy additions to a wonderful platform.

Buying an older Ruger will mean you'll have to either buy a threaded upper (PacLite) or have the upper machined - which WILL ruin any kind of collector value (My original upper is a 6" stainless "bull" barrel - I didn't want to thread it). PacLite uppers aren't inexpensive, plus they have to be transferred via 4473.

A threaded PacLite barrel for the Browning will be considerably less expensive.

Newer Ruger pistols can come with factory threaded uppers. The value can certainly be there if you can find one at a good price.

Have fun shopping, OP!

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    the ruger mark 3 tactical, or 22/42 lite are factory threaded 1/2x28 so no modifing or buying a new upper like a paclite or a tactical solutions

now if you get the chance to hold them, i like the ruger sr22 over the walther p22, the p22 feel's like its jamming my middle finger to the trigger guard,and i have small hands, while the ruger feels more comfortable, and the ruger sr22 has 2 mags, thread adapter,nylon carrying case and should be about 20 bucks cheaper than the walther(that comes with 1 mag and a box and no adapter)

Hawkwind2112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2014
    Evansville
    I have been using my new Silencerco Sparrow suppressor on a variety of 22 pistols. My favorite to use it with so far is a Smith & Wesson 422 with 6 inch barrel and the EWK Arms adapter. The 422 is very light weight yet has very little muzzle flip/rise I believe due to the barrel being so low in the frame. Very fun to shoot!

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I have a MKII and a SR22. both run great but I did put a better extractor in the MKII

Top Bottom