• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dcobra

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    southport
    My favorite pistol by far is my glock 17. I love this gun so much i think I wanna buy another one. So is it weird to have two of the same guns? Usually I am always buying something different. Different calibers, different designs, but in my opinion there is no better pistol than a glock 17. At the end of the day though how different could another glock 17 be from any other one. Anyone out there have multiple glocks in the same caliber? Maybe you could help me with this strange notion.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I'm a minimalist so I probably wouldn't own two of the same gun unless I knew they would be very valuable some day. Then I might have one to shoot and one to save.

I am also about consolidating calibers so having two identical guns would actually feed my minimalism more than owning various calibers and models. With two of the same, I could load one round and share mags!

I say, if you like them that much and want another then buy it and share with your friends and family!

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I wouldn't own 2 of the same...but would definitely own 2 of the similar.

I'm an M&P guy, with a Shield 9 and Compact 9...looking to add a full size 9 to the collection eventually.

With your 17 you could add a 19 and/or a 26 (I think those are the right Glock numbers :dunno:) and keep with the same caliber and mag sharing option.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    You're not a freak. There is nothing wrong with having two of the same gun. I'd rather have 2 guns and 10 mags between them instead of one gun and 20 mags.

Having a second gun means you have a backup in case your primary goes down. Two is one, one is none.

You could also check out the Glock 19. Slightly smaller but same caliber, takes Glock 17 mags.

Bluejeeper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Montgomery County
    If you know you like it that much, it never hurts to have a backup in case something happens to the one you usually use. That way you don't have to "get use to" something else. Just my :twocents:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I wouldn't own 2 of the same...but would definitely own 2 of the similar.
    This, pretty much. There's a lot to choose from out there and I'd like to have "one of each". But it's your money--You should spend it on whatever you want to.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    If you know you like it that much, it never hurts to have a backup in case something happens to the one you usually use.

This absolutely. Especially for carry guns (you know, the ones you should be training with and shooting regularly), redundancy is a good thing.

In a class I attended recently, a guy's slide-lock broke in his Glock and with no backup, he was done for the day. If I'd had an issue, I could have grabbed my backup and continued the class.

Menace67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Noblesville
    You should get a 34 it's a great gun I love mine and they take the same mags! Win win:rockwoot:

or you could get an FDE one if you have a black one.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If you've shot many types of handguns and decided the G17 suits you best, then have another. You can play with it a bit and keep your original as is. Modify it try new sights, etc. and always have the original set up how you are comfortable with.

But to settle on a stock Glawk seems suspiciously unfulfilling. You've shot other handguns, yes?

I've got more than a couple 75b's and a few pre B's, so I know where you're coming from. But they all feel slightly different.

And there is no gaurantee the another G17 is going to shoot and feel the same as the one you have now, so keep that in mind.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    My favorite pistol by far is my glock 17. I love this gun so much i think I wanna buy another one. So is it weird to have two of the same guns? Usually I am always buying something different. Different calibers, different designs, but in my opinion there is no better pistol than a glock 17. At the end of the day though how different could another glock 17 be from any other one. Anyone out there have multiple glocks in the same caliber? Maybe you could help me with this strange notion.

It might not hurt to have a duplicate of a favorite carry gun.
    If God forbid you ever have to use it in a self defense situation, won't law enforcement take it away from you to SUPPOSEDLY be returned later after an investigation?

This would be one of the WORST times to be defenseless, as there may be others not too happy you shot their buddy.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Great point by edporch. I didn't even think of something like that, but totally possible and best to be prepared.

FireBirdDS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    There's a certain beauty in uniformity, and having two or more of a kind dutifully stored/displayed together gives a real duty "weapons locker" feel to any gun safe. Particularly if it's two or more uniform identical AR-15s!

Case in point...

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    You said to tell you if this is wierd so...... This is wierd :):

Ok now that we have that out of the way. It is not wierd (This coming from a a guy that owns nine Glocks) I own two G17's. Well actually one is mine and one belongs to Mrs. Gluemanz28.

They are both setup exactly the same. I will take mine and hers with me if I am attending a class, or she will take mine with her as a backup.

Buy plenty of mags as well for them from Botach Law Enforcement, Military & Public Safety Supplies
    They are around $22 each including shipping if you buy seven of them. This is cheaper than used in the classifieds.

Menace67 gave good advice on getting a G34 if you want something slightly different and with a longer slide.

Top Bottom