• ...and so much more!
  • Vanguard.45

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    NW Indiana
    So, I FINALLY made it to the range with my new Ruger LC9s, the striker fired version of the LC9 which was universally lauded with regard to every feature it possessed EXCEPT for the trigger pull. Well, just know that Ruger can go ahead and bring production of the LC9 to a halt. No reason to build another one ever again. The LC9s is the answer to all of the LC9's problems and is the successor to another pistol for which I, personally, have been looking for an improvement upon for many years.

As some of you may know, if you have been looking through the classifieds for, oh, say, about the past seven or eight years, that I have owned and sold about a million guns, give or take a few hundred thousand. Through this journey of mine, there have been many iconic handguns, but very few were as convenient and cool as my (4) Walther PPK(s). Every time I decided to sell one, I wanted it back, but every time I bought another, I remembered why I sold the ones before.

The PPK has corners and edges apparently intentionally sharpened. The PPK comes with a trigger whose pull weight places it among one of the 12 Labors of Hercules. The PPK is dense, meaning it is small but will pull down your pants if you pocket carry. And the PPK shoots anemic rounds like the .32 and the .380 with no potential for more powerful rounds due to the blowback design.

For years, I have looked for a super cool, fabulous handling firearm that elicits the spirit of the PPK, but solves all of the above problems inherent in the PPK itself.

No longer.

The LC9s is the finest carry gun on the planet, bar none. Smooth in the hand, fabulous trigger, surgically accurate, and easy to conceal on one's person. It is the pinnacle of my journey.

It is the pistol James Bond SHOULD be carrying, and it is the one YOU should be carrying also.

Do it, and you will thank me. I have owned them ALL, but now I own the ONE (well, okay, two, but who's counting?).

crazybear29

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2014
    NW Indiana
    2nd on wanting to hear about the recoil; I've been debating on selling my G42 and getting an LC9s. Have you tried shooting it with one hand and are you using it with the pinky extension?

Vanguard.45

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Recoil is mild to say the least.

After shooting my first magazine, I called ky buddy over and said, "You gotta try this!" He was impressed as well.

It was so easy to shoot, I was doing accuracy competitions against guys with full size guns and tying or beating them. I was keeping 7 shots in a 2 inch circle at seven yards with no problems whatsoever. Trigger and the soft recoil combined to make this pistol an amazing shooter.

This is THE most functional carry gun I have ever owned. Blows the PPK out of the water, yet is comparable in size and both lighter and smoother in the hand!

RND

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2014
    Westfield
    2nd on wanting to hear about the recoil; I've been debating on selling my G42 and getting an LC9s. Have you tried shooting it with one hand and are you using it with the pinky extension?

i have the LC9s also. If I had a G42, I'd keep it! The RUGER is a good package, but less than an ideal CC gun. It needs a little more meat on its bones to be a good one-handed runner, even with the pinky extension.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I like everything about the LC9s except the external thumb safety, but this is my preference for a carry gun. If I ever decide to start carrying a single stack 9mm again, I would pick up a Shield w/o thumb safety.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County

Here's mine and I will say I totally agree with the OP. I love this pistol and I am also an owner of the original LC9 unfortunately
    main.php

main.php

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I wonder if the .22 conversion for the LC9 will work on the LC9s. While not the ammo cost factor it was some years back thanks to the current scarcity of .22 ammo I still ove shooting my KelTec PF9 with the .22 conversion on it. Makes it a great trainer as well.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    OP, have you tried out the Shield? If so, any comments as to how the two handguns compare?
    I own both actually and prefer the LC9s. I only bought the Shield because the LC9 no "s" was a disappointment to me. I rarly sell a gun so I have all three now but would entertain trades I suppose. Just not actively. Right now the LC9 is on bathroom duty. I have a magnet to hold a gun within reach while I am enthroned in case someone breaks in while I am busy signing papers. Want pix of it on the magnet? ;)

Osprey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Another +1 for the LC9S! I tried both the Shield and LC9S and both had great triggers and feel; however, the LC9S just seemed more crisp to me. It felt good holding it with one hand, left or right. I like the safety and it doesn't get in the way. I've been looking for an EDC and this is the one. I also have the pinky extension and carrying it with a Remora holster. Good combo. Oh, and it shoots GRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT!

Vanguard.45

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I have shot the Shield extensively, have owned the Walther PPS (THEIR updated PPK), and neither is nearly as good as the LC9s!

Trust me. You need this weapon! It is that good!

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    Just got one on a trade, it is thin, small, and lightweight. The trigger is very nice, no grittiness and it breaks nice. I think Ruger has a real winner here, the safety is useless, but besides that it is a nice gun. Accuracy is very good with this small gun. After a few more trips to the range I will start carrying this gun full time.

Madjack181

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    Rochester
    My wife is getting ready to take a gun safety class and have been wondering which gun to have her use for the course. Would you recommend the LC9s?

8th SPS USAF

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hobart , In
    I have two Shields in 9mm and carry either one, most days-one reg w/BD sights one BBQ with OD frame and TFO sights. I just picked up a LC9s and had BD sights installed by Galloway- I did not like them, returned it to Galloway and they installed FTO's-much better. Ordered a MT holster IWB kydex for it. If you have a LC9, I would get the Galloway reduced trigger kit to help with the horrible trigger.

Vanguard.45

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    NW Indiana
    My wife has the LC9s and so do I. So, yes, I would recommend it for your wife (even though I don't know her).

And I also do not like (or use) the thumb safety. If they made one without it, I would sell what I have and buy the ones without a thumb safety.

Other than that, PERFECTION!

Top Bottom