• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    This is a timely video! Other than all the distracting locker room text Yankee Marshal puts on all his videos, this was great. I've been a semi-auto guy since I first started shooting, and am looking at getting my first revolver. The new Ruger Match Champion has been noodling at me lately, though I'm also drawn to the new S&W 66, and even the smaller Model 60. There's something really cool about the clickity-clack action and ball-bearing smoothness of revolvers that intrigues me.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    This is a timely video! Other than all the distracting locker room text Yankee Marshal puts on all his videos, this was great. I've been a semi-auto guy since I first started shooting, and am looking at getting my first revolver. The new Ruger Match Champion has been noodling at me lately, though I'm also drawn to the new S&W 66, and even the smaller Model 60. There's something really cool about the clickity-clack action and ball-bearing smoothness of revolvers that intrigues me.

Yeah, I agree about the text. He had the subtlety working nicely and then took it over the top.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yeah, I've always been a semi-auto guy, but inherited my grandfather's Ruger Blackhawk .30 carbine and a Det. Special. That Ruger is a blast to shoot!

And something about the ergonomics of the Colt reminded me of the Glock for some reason. I think it was just how holding it naturally tended to line things up.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    My 686 just came back home to me today. :) I sold it earlier in the year when I wasn't working, and last week the INGOer I sold it to put it in the classifieds and I grabbed it back.

686_zpse79b1354.jpg

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    My 686 just came back home to me today. :) I sold it earlier in the year when I wasn't working, and last week the INGOer I sold it to put it in the classifieds and I grabbed it back.

686_zpse79b1354.jpg

I saw that and wanted so bad to buy it, but I am on a no gun purchase fast until we find and buy our home. Glad you were able to get it back!

Eventually I will find a 586/686 4" for sale at a fair price and I will have the money at the ready!

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

I saw the movie..."The Incredible Journey" I think it was called...I got to admit I cried a little at the end when you all got back together...

I have that 686 just one engineering change before (no lock but MIM) and she is a shooter as they say...I would like to see you get some different grips...Elk? Ivory? Wood? There is something about a stainless gun and fancy grips that makes me want to fire up the grill for a BBQ.....:)

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Yeah, I was just saying in another thread that I don't like the aesthetics of those rubber grips at all. I've got some plain checkered ones that I can try on it for looks, or even the sambar stags that are on my 14.

Edited to add: I forgot that the 686 is a round butt. These look awfully purty.

pix952010096.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom