• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    So I was itching to make a new purchase and was looking for something a little easier to conceal during the summer months. A couple of months ago I settled on a PX4 Subcompact in 9mm from Beretta and it's a nice little gun, fits my hand well, and performs flawlessly - well almost. Sometimes I can't seem to hit the broad side of a barn with it and other times it seems to work just fine. I don't know if it is the ammo, the short sight radius, or just plain ol' user error (or as we say in the IT world, a loose nut on the keyboard). I've taken it to the range 4 times now with mixed results. On two occasions, I was hitting the target about 20% of the time. The other two times, it was more like 80 - 85% of the time but still not as accurate as I would like. Each time I've had trouble hitting the target, I picked up one of my Sig's and nailed the 9 ring or better with a full magazine of rounds so I don't think it's just me having a bad day. Of the 4 times I've taken it to the range, I've used 4 different brands of ammo and I'm thinking that may be the wild card here. Well, that plus just getting used to the new gun... All four sessions were at 7 yards so I don't think it is a distance issue and the ammo was Federal 115gr FMJ, WWB 115gr FMJ, Blazer Brass 115gr FMJ, Hornady Critical Defense 115gr JHP. The WWB and Hornady seems to perform the best but I've never had any problems with Federal in my Sig.

My next step will be to take a larger target to the range, since what I've been shooting at is about the size of a dinner plate, along with all 4 types of ammo to see what a difference the ammo makes. I'll shoot a little bit with each type of ammo aiming for a different place on the target and then check my results. I'm so frustrated because, while I'm not a champion level shooter by any stretch of the imagination, I'm better than what the results have indicated lately with this little gun. I'm frustrated as all get out.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    I have a PX4SC that I've had since they were released. Mine is a tac driver. I'd try bench shooting.

ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Well, took it to the range on Sunday and payed close attention to where the sights were pointing and on my trigger control as suggested and had zero problems with it. Even used the same Blazer ammo that gave me fits the other day. I'll just chalk it up to an ID-10T error!

Top Bottom