• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DSmith78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    Indiana
    Anyone know of any local shops around with one in stock or even one online? Friend bought one and i kinda like the looks of it, he hasnt shot it yet so i was also wondering what the goods and bads of the gun is. I know I dont see much 22 mag ammo in the stores.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Anyone know of any local shops around with one in stock or even one online? Friend bought one and i kinda like the looks of it, he hasnt shot it yet so i was also wondering what the goods and bads of the gun is. I know I dont see much 22 mag ammo in the stores.

good luck, keltec cant make a bowel movement, let alone a pmr30, whitakers got 11(black, tan and green)$400-$420 last week and sold them in a few hours

I've been wanting one as well, but I like to handle anything I buy to see how it feels in the hand.

the good
    feels good
    looks good
    lightweight
    as rare as a virgin on her honeymoon

the bad
    sells for over msrp
    hard to find
    expensive to feed
    replace the buffer every 200 rounds(2.05 each)

the ugly
    dont try to feed any ammo that costs less than 15.00 a box
    dont load more than 25 rounds
    shoots low and no adjustable sights

ive got one, i work at a shop and it came in on the same day my tax return did, i paid 500 for mine,and have seen them at gunshows for a grand!, another gunshop told me that they did a transfer for a guy who bought one off gunbroker for 1500.00(yes 15 hundred!)and the owner of that store said he'd never got one in his shop(the distributors hold the for their best customers)

i bought one box of winchester silver box, and jammed like crazy, they recomend, 40 grain maxi mags 15.00 a box, winchester preimere 18.00 a box, winchester superx ? a box, so the most expensive 22 mag made! now i have also had good luck with hornady critical defense, and hornady vmax, and winchester varmit, you know, the expensive stuff!

its a cool gun, i did the keltec "fluff-n-buff" on mine, and it's better, dosent jam anymore, now you can do it your self or send it back and keltec will do it for you(6-8 weeks), mine shoots low, and since its a fixed sight your stuck with it!, and its not just mine!, they all do!, ive seen pic's of people who file down the back sight to adjust it. did i mention its fun to shoot!

its super lightweight, i've carried it(it fits in glock 17/22 holsters) and i forget ive got it on me!

it's like a ferrari or lamborghini not very practical, but very cool to show off! you'd be amazed at the number of people who say i want one!

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Interesting, I had not heard that. I am STILL anxiously awaiting the rifle version. I wonder, since the actions is the same, if that will be true for it too. 200 rounds is almost once a range session.

200 is what i hear, now im going to call keltec on monday to make sure, i did buy 5 extra for mine, while i have them on the phone i'll ask about the rmr30(rifle) as that would be one i'd like to ows as well, but being keltec, i'm sure it'll be a few years before i see one, and they dont even list it on their website

now for the really bad...i was going shooting on sunday(my only day off since i work 6days a week),AND had planned on shooting my little pmr30 and now my plans have changed,so alas no shooting, but helping my father inventory his guns, and removing a few to my house(due to sketchy circumstances of a house guest) long story(i'll fill you in at the shop sometime)

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    so I post how hard they are to get, and low and behold when I get to work we have one for sale, since we are not a site sponsor if anybody is interested pm me im in Evansville

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I shot a fellow InGOer's once (Sgtusmc). It was a jam-o-matic. I couldn't get 5 rounds down range without a hang up of some kind.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I went to a bachelor party shoot a couple weeks ago and a guy had one. We ran 30 round mag after mag through it and it never jamed. It was a pretty fun shooting gun.

I just saw a green one on the shelf at a shop too. Trying to remember when the hell where... might have been a small shop in Martinsville. I travel a lot for work and hit up stores all over the place. Sorry.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Ahh yes, I have read many articles on this pistol, but have yet to see one. I think it's real...at least I hope that Kel Tec is building four or five of them per week. Sigh. :rolleyes:

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I have bought and sold 2 of them. got one a few months back from a great shop USDS. they hooked me up right at msrp also and gave me a heck of a deal on a 300 round brick of cci 22 mag. the first 2 wouldn't feed vmax or remington premier or whatever it's called. basically the polymer tipped stuff but fed everything else no problem. I sold them because people paid me stupid amounts for them so I couldn't say no but this one I'm keeping. they are a ton of fun and on top of that probably the lightest gun out there with 30 rounds in it. pack all 3 mags while camping and you barely added pound and half or so. awesome for that.

Mine all shoot on but to the guy who's shoots low I believe they are set up with those 4 screws to drop a red dot on it. could be a simple fix :)

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I had one and ran plenty of rounds through it with no issues or hiccups. I loved it, but sold it because I wasn't accurate with it. I even put a mini red dot on it and I still wasn't accurate with it. I'd love to try another, though. If accurate, I'd happily keep it. I'd really love to have one in green or FDE.

I was able to run the mags full, too, with no jams or issues of any kind.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I have bought and sold 2 of them. got one a few months back from a great shop USDS. they hooked me up right at msrp also and gave me a heck of a deal on a 300 round brick of cci 22 mag. the first 2 wouldn't feed vmax or remington premier or whatever it's called. basically the polymer tipped stuff but fed everything else no problem. I sold them because people paid me stupid amounts for them so I couldn't say no but this one I'm keeping. they are a ton of fun and on top of that probably the lightest gun out there with 30 rounds in it. pack all 3 mags while camping and you barely added pound and half or so. awesome for that.

You dirty gun flipper Pat

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Mine all shoot on but to the guy who's shoots low I believe they are set up with those 4 screws to drop a red dot on it. could be a simple fix :)

not true, the ktog (keltec owners group forum) people say if you add the red dot base and scope, it wakes it jam worse, now somebody is making a plate that will allow you to put a glock rear sight on it, so if i did that, i could add an adjustable rear sight. and i've read about people dremeling the sight down, but i think i'll skip both, and add a laser to the front rail

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    So they can't meet the demand of the PMR30, the Sub 2k, RFB, and just now somewhat catching up on the KSG.....and they're going to me "producing" another firearm that sounds like a Trijicon ripoff.

Great.......

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    Had one. REALLY wanted it to work for me. Thought a 30 round capacity 22 mag pistol was a cool "survival" gun. Just about everything shot resulted in a FTF. Big let down. Was really hoping they'd put the RMR in production.

dagibson1507

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Muncie, IN
    Same boat. I can't find one from a dealer anywhere. I have no interest in buying used or from a private individual as keltec no longer warranties their guns except for the original purchaser.

Top Bottom