• ...and so much more!
  • 1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    This is #3. Just picked it up. It's a RIA Tactical. I really like the grips. I haven't shot it yet. It's pretty much identical to my Citidel except for the grips. These are much nicer. I have torn it down, cleaned and degrease it. It's now assembled and properly lubed. I did find one issue. I had to do some fitting on the safety. It was rubbing on the bottom of the slide. Don't have a clue how it passed QC. But that's ok. I got cheap enough.

Range time!! Maybe in the next day or so. I'll use it as a carry after I get a few hundred rounds down range.

Oh, and if your gonna knock on it because it's a RIA just keep it to your self. I am a cheap SOB :cool:

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I've got 2 of them, both tacticals one in 9mm one in .45.
    The only issue Ive had was the slide stop on the 45.
    RIA sent me a new one and haven't had a issue since.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Congrats on the new addition to your family. There's no feeling like bringing home another 1911 and getting to figure out how it feels, shoots and generally works. I hope to hear a range report soon.

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    Also have a ria tatical fs in 9mm. Nice gun for the money. You'll find people that hate ria but I haven't found a problem with mine yet.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Just one more? No such thing.

Curious what you think about it.

So true. If it is anything like my other RIA I will like it. The grips fit my hand great. I love the finger grooves. The trigger is a bit lighter on this. My other RIA is about 5.5 lb's this pulls right at 4lb. It has no creep at all. My Citadel had a lot. I don't think I will do anything to it. 4 lb's is a good carry weight for me.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I too just picked up an RIA that I've been waiting eagerly for since the NRA convention. (Thanks to Bob and Jeremy at PSS for shaking the bushes until one fell out.) As some of you know, I'm a big fan of the 22 TCM cartridge but as much as I liked it had trouble warming up to the 2011 (double stack) idea.. RIA finally sorted out the mag issues and have the single stack in the pipe.. Since I don't see the sights well, but see the target just fine, I was never really sure how accurate the TCM was. Now that I have something that will accept CT grips that problem is solved.. I really haven't had a chance to do anything but sight the laser in and take a couple of shots to make sure it was on (they have been keeping me pretty busy at Parabellum) but it appears I'm going to be more than pleased with it. This is 10+1 and to my surprise also has the 9MM barrel setup with it.. I doubt that the 9 sees much use but it's nice to have the option.
    I've deleted the items I don't care for, extended mag well, ambi safety and did a little tuning on the trigger. I've also had a straight trigger for a 1911 that I wanted to test so this seemed the ideal platform for it. I'll try to get time for a proper range report but for now have a pic for those interested..

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] –[/FONT] Certified Glock armorer

Last edited:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    This is #3. Just picked it up. It's a RIA Tactical. I really like the grips. I haven't shot it yet. It's pretty much identical to my Citidel except for the grips. These are much nicer. I have torn it down, cleaned and degrease it. It's now assembled and properly lubed. I did find one issue. I had to do some fitting on the safety. It was rubbing on the bottom of the slide. Don't have a clue how it passed QC. But that's ok. I got cheap enough.

Range time!! Maybe in the next day or so. I'll use it as a carry after I get a few hundred rounds down range.

Oh, and if your gonna knock on it because it's a RIA just keep it to your self. I am a cheap SOB :cool:

Not a cheap SOB in my book if you own three 1911's!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I too just picked up an RIA that I've been waiting eagerly for since the NRA convention. (Thanks to Bob and Jeremy at PSS for shaking the bushes until one fell out.) As some of you know, I'm a big fan of the 22 TCM cartridge but as much as I liked it had trouble warming up to the 2011 (double stack) idea.. RIA finally sorted out the mag issues and have the single stack in the pipe.. Since I don't see the sights well, but see the target just fine, I was never really sure how accurate the TCM was. Now that I have something that will accept CT grips that problem is solved.. I really haven't had a chance to do anything but sight the laser in and take a couple of shots to make sure it was on (they have been keeping me pretty busy at Parabellum) but it appears I'm going to be more than pleased with it. This is 10+1 and to my surprise also has the 9MM barrel setup with it.. I doubt that the 9 sees much use but it's nice to have the option.
    I've deleted the items I don't care for, extended mag well, ambi safety and did a little tuning on the trigger. I've also had a straight trigger for a 1911 that I wanted to test so this seemed the ideal platform for it. I'll try to get time for a proper range report but for now have a pic for those interested..

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] –[/FONT] Certified Glock armorer

Looks like fun Charlie. I'm still holding out for the 10mm compact 1911 they had at the NRA convention.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So true. If it is anything like my other RIA I will like it. The grips fit my hand great. I love the finger grooves. The trigger is a bit lighter on this. My other RIA is about 5.5 lb's this pulls right at 4lb. It has no creep at all. My Citadel had a lot. I don't think I will do anything to it. 4 lb's is a good carry weight for me.

As you shoot it the trigger will settle in some and possibly get lighter. Let us know. Curious.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Aw Geeze man, I gave up knocking on RIA's................If you like it and it runs for you enjoy it.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    On the RIA all the reviews that I have researched seem to come up very positive and believe must be a lot of bang for your buck! No pun intended, and will say that Tac II Compact keeps me looking at it!

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    On the RIA all the reviews that I have researched seem to come up very positive and believe must be a lot of bang for your buck! No pun intended, and will say that Tac II Compact keeps me looking at it!

There are a few guys that think the only real 1911 is a 1500.00 dollar plus 1911. I didn't want to hear you should have saved your money and bought a blah blah blah. lol

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There are a few guys that think the only real 1911 is a 1500.00 dollar plus 1911. I didn't want to hear you should have saved your money and bought a blah blah blah. lol

Springer RO $700.......great gun.
    Springer loaded....$800 +/-....again, great gun for the money
    Hell, A Springer G-I for $580 is a great gun to own.
    I have 1 of each.

I am looking at the TCM pic. Nice looking piece. It all comes down to how it runs. That is all that really matters. Again, If you like them, go for it. If they run well for you, great. Enjoy them.
    My experience with so many island guns has been negative so bias may show through at times.
    I am hearing that they (RIA) have stepped up their program. The Tactical pieces seem to be OK in the fit/finish dept. I have not ran one.

Top Bottom