• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    Was wondering what people think of this gun the Specter HC. I have one in 45 ACP and was thinking of selling it but can not find value on gunbraker. I see the less rare 9mm going for about 900 plus ish but the 45 acp there was only 100 ever to enter America so I would think a lot higher. I personally never shot mine but who ever had it before defently did.

LARGrizzly

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Dayton
    I used to have one, they are quite fun to shoot. Blue Book shows 100 % value at $500. Not realistic though. They have sold $1000-$1500 on various aution sites. Just depends on what somebody is willing to give you for it.

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    Yeah is that for the 45 acp version. My understanding is that there where only 100 brought into America in that caliber. Also what is this blue book? Is there a web address for it or is it a actual book. I know about the one for cars.

LARGrizzly

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Dayton
    Sorry, haven't been on the computer much last couple days. Book is called blue book of gun values by S. P. Fjestad. Has alot of good information in it. Some of the prices are pretty accurate, some not so you have to do a little extra research to see what a particular model is bringing. Current one I think is 35th edition. Easy to find with an internet search. I usually pick mine up at the gun show.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    As you said, there were a few 9mm versions that sold on Gunbroker recently for $800 to $900. I would guess with the right person the much rarer .45 would sell for a little more. Being rare, having mags, the box and the few extras that came with it would make it easier to sell since it is a collectible firearm even though it has been shot. It is really hard to put a "value" on a rare firearm as I am sure you know you have to find just the right buyer. Sometimes you get lucky and find one immediately, sometimes you can sit for months with no bites.

Right now with the economy down, I am not sure how easy it would be to find a collector willing to spend extra for a used but rare firearm, but there are many who like the Italian firearms so you might get lucky.

My 2 cents is if you want to sell it and are not sure what you want for it, list it on Gunbroker for what you would like to get and see what happens. You never know, you might get lucky.

For those who are not familiar with the Sites Spectre and like me are usually google lazy:

attachment.php

LARGrizzly

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Dayton
    I agree with indykid, if you are determined to sell it put it on Gunbroker and see what happens. In my experience, rare expensive guns bring better money on there than locally. You have exposure to nationwide bidders. Just be careful to word the add that you will not sell to prohibited areas. That one I'm sure is prohibited in many of the anti gun states.

Top Bottom