• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gjclark

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    I have a guy wanting to trade me a Taurus Tracker .44 Magnum 4" barrel for my WASR 10/63 with TAPCO furniture... I have found some seriously varying prices for the Magnum. Is this a fair trade for the two of us? I am not super familiar with my Revolvers but I want to start carrying one.

1898124_10205115926962953_6919904977988629134_n.jpg

For

10728918_940813125948260_755906135_n.jpg

gjclark

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Yeah, I saw that. His is used and my WASR has the TAPCO... I didn't know if that swung it more in my favor. I mean it is the closest trade I have seen so far... just can't quite decide.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I think the tapco furniture takes away from it myself. I prefer the traditional look of an AK, the wood stock set. So to me, if I did that trade, I would have to buy/find an original stock set.
    Do you have the original stock set? It may be a little in your favor, I guess I would ask for an additional $100 if it were me.
    I have owned Taurus revolvers here and there. They make a "solid" product with a lifetime warranty, no matter who owns it. They can be hard to sell at times, but that one being a .44 Mag, has that going for it. By the way have you priced .44 Mag ammo? It's much more expensive than 7.62x39.
    Just food for thought, I like big bore revolvers myself, and I like AK's, but with AK's I like quality one's. Right now the AK market seems to be doing well, you may get better offers by putting the wood stock set back on, and sell the Tapco stuff off separate.
    Again just my opinion. YMMV

Indynic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    Parts Unknown
    If you do get that Taurus, don't plan on running full magnum loads through it on a regular basis. It will wear faster than NASCAR tires at the Brickyard.

just make sure that the lock up is tight with no play in the cylinder and shoot .44 specials.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    You should be able to get a ruger or s&w in .44 mag for an AK friend. Get a quality handgun. Also, that is a lot of gun to carry but if that's what you want to do, by all means :yesway:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I think the tapco furniture takes away from it myself. I prefer the traditional look of an AK, the wood stock set. So to me, if I did that trade, I would have to buy/find an original stock set.
    Do you have the original stock set? It may be a little in your favor, I guess I would ask for an additional $100 if it were me.
    I have owned Taurus revolvers here and there. They make a "solid" product with a lifetime warranty, no matter who owns it. They can be hard to sell at times, but that one being a .44 Mag, has that going for it. By the way have you priced .44 Mag ammo? It's much more expensive than 7.62x39.
    Just food for thought, I like big bore revolvers myself, and I like AK's, but with AK's I like quality one's. Right now the AK market seems to be doing well, you may get better offers by putting the wood stock set back on, and sell the Tapco stuff off separate.
    Again just my opinion. YMMV
    Great post!
    i agree I hate the tapco furniture and I feel people should pay me extra to take their ak with tapco furniture on it! :):
    I think the ak is worth more. I like Taurus and I have nothing against them. They stand behind their guns!!

tlandon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 13, 2014
    USA
    Worst part of Taurus revolvers, or anything Taurus. They dont hold their value. You usually have to give them away. I have had several.

Top Bottom