Last edited:

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Bear in mind that price is plucked out of thin air, and will likely be revised upward considerably if and when the gun actually becomes available (which I hope it does).
    I'm clear on that. I'd buy it for the $1800, and think I stole it. Way cheaper than a HK UMP.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Just my opinion. That gun doesn't offer nearly the utility to, for my dollar, justify that price tag.

Good enough answer for me, there's reason behind it. Just seems lately on INGO anything new that is priced over $1k is called ridiculous: ARs, anything HK makes, this, the MPX, any silencer that costs more than a Huntertown, etc. Scopes, mounts, and rings are about the only exception to that. Unless you want to stick an expensive piece of glass on a 22 firearm or use expensive mounts; then all bets are off

Everyone has that justification line, just been curious where that line is for some people

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    Good enough answer for me, there's reason behind it. Just seems lately on INGO anything new that is priced over $1k is called ridiculous: ARs, anything HK makes, this, the MPX, any silencer that costs more than a Huntertown, etc. Scopes, mounts, and rings are about the only exception to that. Unless you want to stick an expensive piece of glass on a 22 firearm or use expensive mounts; then all bets are off

Everyone has that justification line, just been curious where that line is for some people

Yeah...I get that. I just feel like the platform is already a novelty since we can't get select fire. And at $1800 it's more than twice the cost of a 9mm upper for your AR. Granted it's a slick little form factor and probably a little more reliable, but I don't have $1800 for a range toy :):

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Yeah...I get that. I just feel like the platform is already a novelty since we can't get select fire. And at $1800 it's more than twice the cost of a 9mm upper for your AR. Granted it's a slick little form factor and probably a little more reliable, but I don't have $1800 for a range toy :):

Same could be said about the MPX....no select fire :(

Our hobby is expensive. Anymore, I view it as it's the price to play. If I won't pay a price for an item, then I'm not going to play with it. Guns, glass, mounts, knives. Same could be said about cars and clothing...I'm just grateful I'm too broke for the cars and I wear clothes until they fall apart

I love ARs, but seeing a 9mm SBR or equivilent in another platform that's dead sexy......you really can't put a price on getting wood :)

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    This is basically knock-off of a UMP. A UMP will cost you about $5k. If sig releases the MPX at $1500, that's a bargain. An HK clone of a MP5 will cost you around that. A HK 94 is about $5k. SBRed into a semi MP5, well north of $6k.

I have an addiction for pistol caliber sub guns. If they release the Sig MPX, I'll buy it. If CZ releases this in the US, I'll buy it. I'll buy it at $1800 or $849. If its $1800, it will take longer.
    We all like what we like.

hondatech2k2

Shooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Greenwood
    This is basically knock-off of a UMP. A UMP will cost you about $5k. If sig releases the MPX at $1500, that's a bargain. An HK clone of a MP5 will cost you around that. A HK 94 is about $5k. SBRed into a semi MP5, well north of $6k.

I have an addiction for pistol caliber sub guns. If they release the Sig MPX, I'll buy it. If CZ releases this in the US, I'll buy it. I'll buy it at $1800 or $849. If its $1800, it will take longer.
    We all like what we like.

Huge +1

I drooled over this....twice. I will get one, and if Sig ever releases the freaking MPX I would get that to. I have a condition know as melikeysubgunitus. It's only treatable by putting sub guns in my hands.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have the same illness with pistol cal carbines.

And why do I even want a CX4 in 45acp? why? And botach has em for $499 even though botach has a poor rep and all I'm thinking about it.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom