• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    While browsing Bud's I saw this: CZ 75 Retro for $494. That seems like a heck of a good deal to me. It looks like they tried to recreate the rare short rail CZ that tends to go for a lot of money now days. I imagine that it's pure CZ goodness internally and would make a great platform for Cajunization. Not only is is a CZ, but a pretty cool one at that. Anyone have one of the Retro CZs? The description states that it has aluminum grips, which would be a nice upgrade to already have installed.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    It's interesting in that they did not recreate a true 'short rail' CZ, but instead created a similar gun that has the 'look' of a short rail. Here's the Retro:
    91390.jpg

Here's a true 'short rail' CZ.
    1977_CZ-75.png

gundoc111

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2014
    Indy
    The original CZ 75's from the late 1970 all came in through Canada. The finish was AMAZING. The blue/black finish looked like something on a Python. I remember seeing a few at gun shows decades ago and they were works of art, so was the price. I THINK $1300-$1500 in 1970's dollars. Finish is more utility now but quality is as good as SIG if not better. I have 2. :):):)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've been kicking around the idea of picking one of those up, having the slide milled to match the original and then have it blued. That and some CajunGunWorks parts would make a great carry gun. Old school style, modern day parts and no risk to a rare gun as would happen if I found and carried a short rail CZ.

Please post a photo of your early CZs if you can.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    If I had the money I'd pick one of these up. Sweet looking gun. Anyone notice this has the Make an Offer button on the page? Wonder how low you could get one for? :D

Top Bottom