• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Soo...trade one gun and some cash for another gun? Is that your question?

Yes. I would do that if I wanted the new gun more than I wanted the money and the other gun.

Hkfiend

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    in the Ford Galaxy
    Depends on if the gun I had was something I can still get and if it's a carry gun. If it was something I could easily go out and buy a month down the road, I'd probably do it

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I've been there and done that and later on repurchased the same firearm I traded. Sellers remorse I guess but as long as the firearm your getting rid of can easily be obtained in the future then why not ?

At the time I sold the gun I didn't think I would miss it but :dunno:

penguin1915

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    East Central Ind
    I've been there and done that and later on repurchased the same firearm I traded. Sellers remorse I guess but as long as the firearm your getting rid of can easily be obtained in the future then why not ?

At the time I sold the gun I didn't think I would miss it but :dunno:

I can obtain the gun i would be getting rid of. Thanks for the ideas

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I've done it before and regretted it. Keep saving if you have the patience, unless it's something that is hard to find.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    I'll throw in with the other folks above. If the 'new' gun is something I really wanted more than the $$$ and 'old' gun, I wouldn't mull it over any further.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Yeah, I do this frequently (and sometimes in the opposite direction). I have let a few guns go over the years that I regret, but honestly for most of those it was only because they became a lot more valuable over time.

Like selling a nearly new SVT40 for $250 back in the late 90's. Granted, I paid $185 for it, but a quick glance around the interwebs shows I probably should have held on to it, just so I could have sold it at a much higher price. I honestly never really cared for the rifle for shooting, though. Too fussy with ammo, which is ridiculous for a Russian military gun.

HamYankee

Expert
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Hendricks County
    Yes, have traded + cash. I would only do it if the gun was the vast majority of the deal, like 75% or more, otherwise, I'd feel like I gave the gun away, if too much cash was involved.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    My current income level means that I have to sell/trade something to get something else. I find though that all my safe queens and other guns I hardly ever shoot are slowly getting traded off for other guns I will shoot.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Sure. I've "outgrown" some guns as my needs changed or I replaced them with superior versions. I used to carry a Taurus 850 as a backup because when I was a rookie it was in my price range. Years later I wanted a better one, so I traded it toward an LCR. I just sold a Ruger Security Six because I bought a Match Champion, and don't need two 4" .357s and I like the Match Champion more. Now I've got gun money for something else to fill a hole in my collection or that catches my eye.

The caveat is I normally try to sell and then use the cash to buy. Just like with a car, you normally take less of a hit when you do it that way.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    In the process of doing that very thing right now. Traded my Sig 1911TCO and some cash towards a VEPR-12. Although I loved my little Sig 1911 I didn't carry it often enough to justify owning it. And I can easily buy another Sig TCO, or a 1911 of similar size down the road if I want, fairly easily. The VEPR-12 however is banned from import and will likely never been seen on our shores ever again so.... One for the other seems logical.

Top Bottom