• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LSUFan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Bloomington
    I am looking at picking up one of two Delta Elites (not both). One is older, nicely blued and looks well cared for [doesn't seem to be fired much], but no box or papers. The other is a recent stainless with box and papers...very sound. Are there any big reasons to get one over the other? The blue is very nice, polished blue, relatively tight, nice gun. The stainless is newer, but the brushed finish is not as nice. Other than that, seem to be pretty equal...even the prices are not too far apart.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I own a current production stainless Delta Elite and am not impressed with the quality. It was not awful, but it was not as good as other guns in the $900 - $1000 class. I'd go with the blued gun.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I had read that you couldn't shoot full powered 10mm in the older ones, did they ever fix that?

chipdog4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Get both.

Colt is still making SS Elites, so if the blued Delta is in good shape and cheaper, get the blued.
    100_0119.jpg

As for cracking frames, only the very first few were affected.
    They were cracking above the slide stop. The thin metal there does nothing structurally, so Colt eliminated it.
    NOT AN ISSUE. Keep new heavy springs on hand if you plan on shooting the hot loads

Last edited:
    Top Bottom