• ...and so much more!
  • worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    AGS Armament | Police Trade-in Gen 2 Glock 17 9mm

I found the above deal at AGS in Bluffton, IN. I know that some people love the Gen 2's as they don't have the finger groves. However, I also noticed that this only has 1 pin around the trigger area where my Gen 3's have 2 pins around the frame.

As I recall, there were some recalls on the earlier models of Glocks, but I can't recall what they were for. Was this one of the items that was recalled? It would seem that at some point Glock decided that 1 pin was insufficient and moved to dual pins. Is this something that over time may become an issue? If not, cool. I just don't want to buy one and have the frame crack on me a year from now.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    No worries, the recall was on some "E" prefix serial numbers with weak frame rails, I have a Gen-2 G-17, and I just bought a LE Trade G-17 in Bluffton (21 Century), no issues at all. I changed the recoil spring assembly and the night sights is all, about 500 rds through it now, no issues, and my G-19 is a former NYPD Glock with thousands of rounds through it.

I hand picked mine, maybe they will let you too.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I "believe" they added the additional pins to the 40 cal Glocks after the first batch of Glock 22's didn't fair to well at the California HWY Patrol testing back in 1990. Glock added the additional pins to the 40 cal Glocks and at some point soon after the second pin was added to the 40's they were added to the 9mm Glocks. Probably more to keep the manufacturing process the same more than a engineering necessity. Never heard of any issues with any 9mm Glock old ones or new ones (other than someone making a grenade with their reloading attempts)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    No worries, the recall was on some "E" prefix serial numbers with weak frame rails, I have a Gen-2 G-17, and I just bought a LE Trade G-17 in Bluffton (21 Century), no issues at all. I changed the recoil spring assembly and the night sights is all, about 500 rds through it now, no issues, and my G-19 is a former NYPD Glock with thousands of rounds through it.

I hand picked mine, maybe they will let you too.

An NYPD pistol can have thousands of rounds run through it with just one gun fight :ar15:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    As I recall, there were some recalls on the earlier models of Glocks, but I can't recall what they were for. Was this one of the items that was recalled? It would seem that at some point Glock decided that 1 pin was insufficient and moved to dual pins. Is this something that over time may become an issue?

As an INGO dinosaur that was around when the Earth was just cooling off, in 1989 the California Highway Patrol tested the G22 and G23 (and the G20) for use as a duty pistol.

However, contrary to Glock's wishes, CHP used Glock prototype .40 S&Ws which lead to cracking of the frame.

In response Glock thereafter added an additional pin to the frame of the G22/23.

The G17 is what the pistol was designed to shoot. Buy it and be happy that you are getting such a deal.

Top Bottom