• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I'm down to two defensive handguns (G26 edc, M&P 9 car), I would like to have a backup for my M&P so I'm struggling to make a choice. My options are G34 gen 4 or M&P 9 pro L so what is the best choice?

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Which do you shoot better?

Glock should be ready to go right out of the box. The M&P might need a better trigger. If you shoot both of them good, it comes down to price.

Or just buy them both.....cause this is Merica' !!!

addictedhealer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Monroe County
    I have the same issue. M&P9 is my "go to war" handgun. Kahr cw9 is my main ccw and I also appendix carry a SR9c. Sometimes think I should just switch everything to m&p but then again I also like variety.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    Variety. I totally understand the benefits of having everything the same for consistency and everything that makes sense, but its just fun to switch things up. It keeps me interested in shooting and keeps me familiar with different weapons. Tough call with really no wrong answer though..

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    speaking strictly from a utilitarian standpoint, it makes sense to have consistency(mags, same hold/poi). However there's nothing wrong with liking different handguns.

DonkeyKong

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2014
    Kokomo
    It's tough to say, if you carry a Glock everyday then I would go with the G34. Going from one Glock to the other won't be much of a difference ergonomics wise. Your hand will remember it faster. I say go with the one you shoot more. my personal preference would be the Glock.

DonkeyKong

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2014
    Kokomo
    Also, if you're looking for SHTF gun, it helps that Glock makes 33 round mags that would fit in any 9mm Glock model. Wouldn't hurt keeping one or two of those around as a back up.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    For EDC I prefer consistency. Over the last year I have sold off just about all my pistols and bought Glocks. I EDC and compete with them and there are no safe queens in the bunch.
    My safe queens are my revolvers and they are my fun range guns. The Glocks are a tool I carry every day.

Top Bottom