• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Picked up a Kahr CW380. Very nice shooting pistol. I was surprised at how it handled, and at the accuracy. Unfortunately, I started out shooting what was immediately available for the break in period, which was Tula steel case from Walmart. OMG, never got past more than 3 rounds without a failure to feed!

Did some research later (of course, why check on it before?) and I'm pretty satisfied it's the ammo. Ran about 60 reloads I picked up at the 1500 awhile ago, and not nearly as bad. Failure to feed on about 1 out of 10.

I've got some Armscor 95 gr. coming today, and I'm going to try that.

For those of you with the Kahr CW380 (or P380), what ammo does your gun like/not like?

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    The manual states that you must run 200 rounds through the gun before it can be considered reliable. I've fed everything through my P380 (same gun with a match grade barrel, few other completely insignificant differences) except steel case. I had a few issues under 200 rounds but nothing like you are seeing. If you are still having issues 200 rounds +, I would contact Kahr. Are you loading the weapon the way that Kahr says you should? I'd never chambered a round by locking the slide back each time...

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I always lock the slide back like the manual says to chamber the first round. Once I get some American made brass case ammo through it and it still has problems, I'll contact Kahr.

Midskier

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    NWI IL/IN BORDER
    my cw380 will NOT feed fiochi, every round is a test of patience. stumbles occasionally on remington or winchester (?) flat nose and some gun show reloads (black box of 100 with yellow print)
    pmc (fmj and starfire) magtech fmj, hornaday (ftx & xtp) all feed perfectly

Top Bottom