• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pharmboy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shelbyville
    I wandered into the LGS today, and there were in the case, a Para frame/Colt slide 1911 (double stack) with four mags, a very plain Jane gun that would make a very functional carry piece, for $500. I also saw an FEG Hi Power with beautiful bluing and ivory polymer grips, with four mags as well, for $400. I've been prudent for a while. I currently don't own a 9mm handgun, but wouldn't mind adding one to the stable. Which would you fellows pick?

HamYankee

Expert
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Hendricks County
    I own a FEG hipower. I like it a lot. If you are looking for a Browning designed pistol and want 9mm, I think it would be an excellent choice and good value.
    FEG=good quality in my opinion.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I have a FEG PF9. I don't care for the trigger on it but my wife loves it. Never had any issues out of it even with her learning how to shoot. For me the trigger pull is just too long, I'm sure it could be adjusted but she likes it so I'm just leaving it like it is.

kml

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2013
    United States
    Of course it depends on what itch you're trying to scratch but my money would be on the FEG. I've had a few over the years and really like them. A whole lot of gun for the money.

Like was mentioned above, the Para depends on who made it and if they had any idea what they were doing. The fact that they used a Colt slide is positive. My only experience with a Para was a P-12 "Limited" I bought new. It wasn't cheap but it was one of the most failure prone guns I've ever owned. Small parts failed way too often for my tastes. Para eventually replaced them all but I never could trust it for carry so I sold it. (fully disclosed it's issues to the buyer.)

If you decide against the FEG would you mind sharing which LGS? You have me thinking I may need another....

pharmboy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shelbyville
    I believe I'll be picking up the FEG today or tomorrow. They're both at KB Guns in Shelbyville, along with a large collection of S&W Revolvers, including three matched pairs of heavily engraved ones.

pharmboy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shelbyville
    Well, I went back today...

YW7Y5ws.jpg

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    I have three Feg PJ 9HP's and two of them are reliable, great shooters. The third one I don't know about. It is the one with the vent rib and I picked it up unfired, NIB. It probably has very little collector value but since I have others to shoot I think I'll just keep it that way.

Top Bottom