Inquiry: Canik TP9SA (Call me cheap, but...)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tac45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2012
    SS
    Has anyone on here picked up a Canik TP9SA yet?
    I have checked out some reviews on this new offering and it looks awesome for what would probably be $350 OTD price.

I have checked out the TP9 in a local shop, and hated the goofy presetting of the trigger, and the odd large mag basepads.
    This new model has in single action striker fired, most reports around 4.5lbs, super clean and crisp break.
    Still has the top slide decocking button, but I actually like the option of being able to decock it while having a round in the chamber...safe storage, and just have to press-check it to reset the striker.

Steel sights on this one too....I may be sold on it, but was wondering what the ramblings on here were...

It's pretty darn cool looking too IMO...
    Ne6DDtfl.jpg

Link to the video I just watched on it:
    http://youtu.be/wue40MlRgV8

Tac45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2012
    SS
    Thanks for the links to the other threads. I was about half asleep when I posted or I would have searched first lol.
    I think as soon as I find one in stock somewhere I will buy one. Maybe two!
    Looks Hk-ish in a way. I like everything about it, just wanna get hands on one!

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    "Oddly enough, the TP9 SA still has the de-cocker button on top of the slide, but pressing it causes the trigger to go “dead”, with no double-action option."

Does that freak anyone else out a bit?

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    "Oddly enough, the TP9 SA still has the de-cocker button on top of the slide, but pressing it causes the trigger to go “dead”, with no double-action option."

Does that freak anyone else out a bit?

It is kinda scary. Hopefully it is really hard to activate. It sounds good in theory, being able to decock it when breaking it down without pulling the trigger. But if you carried it and the decocker was hit unintentionally, you now have a dead gun if you need it right now.

Tac45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2012
    SS
    If it is as stiff as the decocker on the tp9, then I wouldn't be afraid of accidentally decocking the striker. I kind of like it actually, sets up for safe storage, being able to keep a round chambered but decocked. All you have to do is barely press check it to reset the striker.

Top Bottom