• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dcombs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2014
    Alexandria
    My current EDC has been a colt double eagle officers 45. but after several back surgeries I have been looking to lighten the load but want to stay with the 45 cal... Looking at the XDS 3.3 45. any opinions ?

threedhuntr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Howard county
    Really like mine. Shoots very well for its size. I put Pearce grip extensions on my short mags so I could get my pinky on there.
    Also fits very nice in my iwb holster.

dcombs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2014
    Alexandria
    IMG_20140928_120207.jpg First , thank you for the welcome. and of course the info. I have decided to sell my colt to a family member and start looking for a new XDS. Excited. Been carrying this Colt for some time now, and boy am I ready to lighten the load. Thanks again

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    I like my XDs .45.

Keep the Colt if you can, or want to. I tried to buy a buddy's Double Eagle officer's a few years ago, but it was a no go.

They don't have that great a reputation, but I wanted it anyway.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    I'm also a big fan of the XDs in .45. The only con is the limited capacity of the magazine but that's an acceptable compromise in light of how small they made this handgun. I bought mine before the recall and had it updated, I have no complaints with that either, they fixed it quickly and it works exactly how it did before.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    My wife has one, and I have shot and carried it on occasion. I tend to carry either a Government 1911, a Hi-Power, or a Smith Model 60, and the XDs is a dream to carry compared to at least two of my favorite carry guns.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Im picking up one asap but I think the 4.0 model will fit me better. Ive also been seeing aftermarket parts coming out.

If you can, try before you buy. I have thought about a 4.0, but the grip is just perfect with the 3.3 barrel. The long barrel version is just awkward, and front heavy to me. The benifit of the short grip kinda gets lost on a longer barrel.

dcombs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2014
    Alexandria
    My double eagle is defiantly a Shooter.. Colt did a superb job on this one. Unfortunately it was not all that popular and too much competition at that time. Anyway, she's gotta go, I pretty much just keep one handgun, the one I carry. That Im sure sounds crazy to most, but I like to become very proficient with what I carry and that's my way of doing so. Have a Great night all

ginger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2013
    Spencer Co.
    I carry a 3.3 xds in .45 and I love it. The recoil wasn't near what I was expecting. The grip is a bit small, but I have rather large hands. Carry it in a Crossbreed iwb and can hardly feel it's there.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I like mine! I haven't had any reliability issues either with any HP ammo either. The grip is a little small (obviously) but I have no issues hanging out. I did get bored the other night and ordered some Talon rubber stick on grips for it. I haven't shot it with em yet, but I really dig how it feels. Good luck!

dcombs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2014
    Alexandria
    Well, heres the update.... Went ahead and sold my Double Eagle. Same day bought the XDS 3.3 in 45 and a Colt pocket lite 380. I have not been out to shoot either but is very high on my priority list and cant wait.....thank you for all your feedback...time to go get proficient :-)

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    bumping this back up. I got handle (not shoot) a friends and decided I just had to have one of these. I was looking (as you may have seen in several classified ads) in the 4.0 9mm and ended up with the 3.3 in .45. I Love the way it feels and I'm sure I'll like the way it shoots. I've owned several XD's in the past and have always been a fan. Next move is a holster. I generally carry AIWB about 1-2 0'clock, but as thin as this is I could go 3-4 o'clock easy.

Anyone carrying an XDs have any opinions on holsters, AIWB or IWB. Some pics would be awesome!

Top Bottom