WHOO HOO!!! Ruger listened! LC9S Pro without thumb safety or mag disconnect!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I will say that the trigger on the new LC9S is fantastic. I've dry fired one recently, and as much as I have gushed praise on the SR9C trigger over the last year or so, the LC9S is just as good, if not maybe even a little bit better.

Nice updates to make a sweet little pocket rocket even better, I think!

wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    I will say that the trigger on the new LC9S is fantastic. I've dry fired one recently, and as much as I have gushed praise on the SR9C trigger over the last year or so, the LC9S is just as good, if not maybe even a little bit better.

Nice updates to make a sweet little pocket rocket even better, I think!

While I've not handled an LC9S yet, I was VERY impressed with the SR9C's trigger - but I just don't dig all the safeties Ruger's been slapping on their guns. This might be the game changer for me - always loved the fit and size of the LC9 series - but wouldn't get one with all the safeties. The naysayers can say what they will, but if the safeties aren't there, they can't be acidentally engaged or left on, can they?

Shiver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2014
    The dumpster
    Uh oh. Ruger just turned the LC9s into what the Glock 42 should have been.

I wonder how many years it will be before Glock makes a single stack 9mm, now that they are pretty much the only ones in the game who don't have one.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg

I wonder how many years it will be before Glock makes a single stack 9mm, now that they are pretty much the only ones in the game who don't have one.

Won't matter much. Even though there's really good small frame single stack 9's already on the market, Glock will sell a ton of their version simply because of the cult following. :rolleyes:

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Still want to see it in .380. Had to buy my wife the Glock 42 because the LC380 trigger is complete crap.

BCMPatriot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2013
    Auburn

When I was at the NRAAM the GLOCK rep told me to look for 6-8 months on announcing a single stack 9mm. We are now on month 8... :dunno:

wizardfitz

Expert
    Rating - 95.7%
    22   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in
    Okay Ruger is coming out with all these goodies at Christmas when my money is stretched thin and because of the holidays I'm getting a few 4 day weeks. ( although I do like a short week)

marv

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Gatchel, IN
    S&W removed the safety from the Shield. Ruger had to follow suit on the LC9s or lose market share. I want the safety because I pocket carry.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Now, that's great news... might need to seek one out to compare to my Shield(s)...

Ruger Firearms News
    It's about time, now we're talking!

S&W removed the safety from the Shield. Ruger had to follow suit on the LC9s or lose market share. I want the safety because I pocket carry.
    Please explain your logic to me. Are you not using a holster when you pocket carry?

Rocketscientist

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2014
    Valparaiso
    I've got an old lc9 with the long trigger pull. All it took was a little practice and it's a keeper.

Totally with ya on that one. Its not enough to make me rush right out and dump my older LC9. I must admit however, that I am interested. Gonna wait and see what Glock comes up with.

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    I have the LC9s and it is a great carry gun. The trigger is smooth and it is extremely accurate. I expect the striker fired LC9s and the pro are going to be a huge hit for Ruger. Magazines and holsters are plentiful and easy to find.

marv

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Gatchel, IN
    It's about time, now we're talking!

Please explain your logic to me. Are you not using a holster when you pocket carry?
    Yes I use a holster. But I would hot carry any gun with a light trigger without a safety.
    Please explain some people's hatred for a safety on a carry gun.

BCMPatriot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2013
    Auburn
    Yes I use a holster. But I would hot carry any gun with a light trigger without a safety.
    Please explain some people's hatred for a safety on a carry gun.
    Some people on here get really offended if you carry differently from them. I carry my Shield with a round in and the safety on, so don't feel alone.

Top Bottom