• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mpd

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    Westfield
    Just made the purchase to the glock 19. I am looking specifically for 33 round mags. And other possible glock accessories.

What items do you recommend? Id like a solid car holster. Ive been looking are gum creek car holsters. Any opinions on that? Other truck suggestions for holters.

Thanks ahead of time for in put.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Glock OEM mags are the only magazines I would run. The KCI mags or any other after market mags are ok for play but have performed poorly for me.

No comment on car holsters. I just bolted a leather universal double stack leather to the side of my console and it serves for several pistols.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I'm a firm believer in leaving the pistol holstered on your person while in the car, but I also carry AIWB, so access while seated isn't an issue.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    I'm a firm believer in leaving the pistol holstered on your person while in the car, but I also carry AIWB, so access while seated isn't an issue.
    Yep, that's my issue. Thought about removing the center arm rest, but I'd need a hacksaw to do that and I don't want to do that to my honda.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    :hijack:

I have considered mounting a holster in my truck for while I'm at work. I can't carry inside the office, and I can't carry when I'm out on a job site, but if it's locked up in the truck I'm good.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Locked up in the truck or in a locked safe in the locked truck?

We have no written policy on it. My boss said if I wanted to carry it (in the truck) then go for it. I know for a fact one of the Board of Managers members used to leave his on the passenger seat while driving, don't know what he did with it after he parked though.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Go to Botach.com. They have five pack OEM Glock mags shipped for $100. Cheaper than used in the classified section. They also have the 33 round mags for $30 each. If you were closer to Mishawaka you could buy them from Midwest Guns for the same price until 12/31/2014.

I would consider a nice light for it and a good holster from Henry Holsters. Then get lost of ammo to shoot cause it's a blast to shoot and way more accurate than those other whimpy brands. :lmfao:

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    The best accessory is a capable grip-ground interface. I'd venture a guess that once you've spent an appropriate time on that one, you'll know what other accessories you do or do not need.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Night sights. Try the stock connector before you go getting a 3.5#. I'm considering getting one of the ghost rocket's, but that's because I know I can use the stock one to it's full potential, and I want to eliminate overtravel without dropping 75 bucks on the lone wolf trigger (which I haven't found a review of yet).

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    The best accessory is a capable grip-ground interface. I'd venture a guess that once you've spent an appropriate time on that one, you'll know what other accessories you do or do not need.

winnertrophy.jpg

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    ok, I will try to actually answer your post question...

33 round mags are great and the prices on them have mostly returned to normal, but only buy Glock made mags.
    Other mags like KCI and some of the others are not as good and will only cause you headaches.
    Glock made mags are the only ones worth having.

Shoot the gun (shoot it a lot) and then see what you want to upgrade.

All my Glocks get the following:
    Night sights
    3.5 lb connector (Ghost, Lone Wolf, Glock "-" minus are all good)
    6 lb trigger bar spring (stock spring is 5 lb).
    Extended slide release
    Extended mag release

If you have long fingers, you may not need the extended controls.
    If you are new to shooting, I would leave the gun stock for now and shoot it every chance you get. Shoot every weekend if you can.

There are a lot of good websites for Glock accessories. Lone Wolf Distributors is one of my favorites.

Don't use a mounted car holster. Just wear it on you in a holster that fits you well.
    If you insist on getting a car holster, get one of the cheap plastic Glock Sport Combat holsters. You can find them for around $10-15.
    They work pretty good when you want the gun holstered into something that covers the trigger.
    Stay away from those cheap nylon padded sewed together holsters, and basically anything from Fobus and Uncle Mikes is garbage IMHO.
    If you get one of those, buy it used and don't pay a lot. Don't pay new prices. There's a lot of those things in the $1 bin for a reason.

Starting out... spend you money on a couple extra mags and ammo... lots of ammo.

Enjoy your Glock 19!
    I love mine.
    The G19 is the "do it all gun"

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Metal sights, OEM magazines, and lots of ammo! Really the only things you need!

This^^^^^^^^^^ + 1,000,000

When I bought my G19, I tacti-cooled it up early on. I was a new shooter and I thought it would make me better. But being taught how to properly shoot is many, many times more effective and valuable. As I have learned proper shooting techniques, I have pulled most of that crap off and I ended up with this. It all ended up being just a waist of money.

The modifications that I did keep are with Glock factory parts, and are inexpensive. I do the "carry trigger" with the "-" minus connector and the NY1 green trigger spring. I prefer the trigger better. But that is just me. There are many here that find the factory trigger perfectly usable.

mpd

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    Westfield
    Agree with your insight of GLOCK only mags. I just wasn't sure what a reasonable price for a glock mag would be. When I bought the glock it only came with two mags. So I need to get a few more.

Which site provides the best price one mags?

Thanks!

ok, I will try to actually answer your post question...

33 round mags are great and the prices on them have mostly returned to normal, but only buy Glock made mags.
    Other mags like KCI and some of the others are not as good and will only cause you headaches.
    Glock made mags are the only ones worth having.

Shoot the gun (shoot it a lot) and then see what you want to upgrade.

All my Glocks get the following:
    Night sights
    3.5 lb connector (Ghost, Lone Wolf, Glock "-" minus are all good)
    6 lb trigger bar spring (stock spring is 5 lb).
    Extended slide release
    Extended mag release

If you have long fingers, you may not need the extended controls.
    If you are new to shooting, I would leave the gun stock for now and shoot it every chance you get. Shoot every weekend if you can.

There are a lot of good websites for Glock accessories. Lone Wolf Distributors is one of my favorites.

Don't use a mounted car holster. Just wear it on you in a holster that fits you well.
    If you insist on getting a car holster, get one of the cheap plastic Glock Sport Combat holsters. You can find them for around $10-15.
    They work pretty good when you want the gun holstered into something that covers the trigger.
    Stay away from those cheap nylon padded sewed together holsters, and basically anything from Fobus and Uncle Mikes is garbage IMHO.
    If you get one of those, buy it used and don't pay a lot. Don't pay new prices. There's a lot of those things in the $1 bin for a reason.

Starting out... spend you money on a couple extra mags and ammo... lots of ammo.

Enjoy your Glock 19!
    I love mine.
    The G19 is the "do it all gun"

mpd

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    Westfield
    Glock OEM mags are the only magazines I would run. The KCI mags or any other after market mags are ok for play but have performed poorly for me.

No comment on car holsters. I just bolted a leather universal double stack leather to the side of my console and it serves for several pistols.

Do you have a brand or a picture of this? I'd like to do something like this.

Top Bottom