• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Madjack181

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    Rochester
    Bought a Police trade in SW99 and took it out to the range today. I like how it shoots, however it would randomly lock back on the slide lock.

Is there anyone familiar with this gun that may have some insight on why its doing this?
    Thanks

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    During the time this was made, this would be the same pistol as the Walther P99. IIRC, the SW99 was a re-branded P99... someone please correct me if I'm wrong. That being the case, you might try checking the Walther forums, I bet this has been discussed on there at some point: P99 - WaltherForums

Otherwise, ugh, sorry that I'm not much more help. Perhaps a good cleaning and light lubing is in order, including the magazine?

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    You could either be riding the slide stop and under recoil your accidentally pushing up the slide stop OR a bullet might be making contact with the slide stop and pushing it up as the bullets are being fed by the mag.

Madjack181

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    Rochester
    Took the gun apart and I think I found the problem. There is a small wire spring that holds the slide lock button down. It has some slop to it and was allowing the stop move up.

Top Bottom