• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    It's interesting. Not very good looking, but interesting. It reminds me of a late WWII Bf109G-14. You can still see the original design in there somewhere, but over the years it gained all sorts of bumps and fairings to cover modifications needed to keep it current.

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    I kind of like it. Hopefully they beef up the mag springs with the redesign. I know my biggest gripe with my issued m9 was you couldn't load the magazine all the way or the spring would wear out. Think they were 15? Round mags but we only out 12 rounds in them.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    I've had a 92 FS for more years than I care to remember. The only feature that was hard for me to train out of was accidentaly hitting that damn slide mounted safety/decocker. I see they left that "brain fart" of a feature alone when they revamped the gun. The adjustable, removeable sights are a much needed upgrade as well as that rail, for those that may need it. I agree the gun has always been ugly, but that's the beauty of it. MecGar mags fix every mag related issue, and the gun will eat anything you can find to put though it.
    Overall, I think I like it, and if they would've moved that safety/decocker to the frame or done away with it all together, I'd be in love with that ugly duckling.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    So Beretta resurrects the 92FS Vertec, puts M9A3 roll marks on it, paints it desert tan and calls it new. Nice variation of the 92 in it's days, but they should have put the safety back on the frame. That would have been a major improvement for our troops.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Nothing new, All it is is a Vertec reborn. It has the straight mainspring housing the rails like a Vertec but is OD or dark earth. Nothing ground breaking there. The Military is not going to get away from the Beretta even without a new upgrade from them. The one good thing about the new model is with that Vertec grip (I use them sometime on the work side) is it is more ergonomically and forgiving to folks with smaller hands than the standard M9 with the arched mainspring housing/larger grip

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I have no hate for the m9, I'll never sell mine. That said, I fail to see what the improvements are. If mine had a rail and I hit it with some krylon I think I'd get a pretty similar result. Not terribly impressed.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I fail to see what the improvements are.

Improvements over the standard-issue M9 include:

Vertec grip angle (straighter/slimmer) with the ability to change to a larger grip for larger hands

Accessory rail

Night sights (dovetailed)

Ability to change from decocker/safety to decock-only ("G" configuration) with only a few small parts – not a big deal to the military, but civilian buyers may want to do this

Threaded barrel

17rd magazine

I think this move by Beretta was pretty brilliant. By writing the M9A3 into the current contract, they just gave Uncle Sam a HUGE incentive to go with their option vs. selecting a new make/model in potentially a new caliber. That's not to say the .gov won't waste millions of taxpayer dollars going through the motions of a competition before deciding to stick with Beretta, of course. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom