• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skullglide

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 21, 2014
    Otterbein
    Here is another angle. A little background on this project. I have owned 7 other SP101's In the last 20 years. I was never able to find a grip I really liked. I purchased a .357 LCR and immediately liked the grip. A couple months later I purchased a Ruger Sp101 Talo edition(has black textured wood insert grips). I always regretted selling my other SP's, this one I wanted to find the right grip. After looking at the LCR grip, I removed some material, drilled and tapped a 10-32 hole in the frame and have finally made the hunting, hiking, fishing, jeeping gun I have always wanted.

HEADKNOCKER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Clarksville
    I may have bumped an old thread Skullglide but without a doubt Hogue is missing the boat on this, By just using the inner mold of the SP101 & the outer mold of the LCR they could pop out this grip in just a few moments but of course Ruger would have to drill & tap the frames which would cost at least a couple cents..
    I did see that you now have a custom made wooden grip made up on you're SP101.. Any chance you wanna sell that custom rubber LCR/SP101 grip?
    Hey I don't even own a SP101 at the present time YET!!
    Gary/Hk

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I may have bumped an old thread Skullglide but without a doubt Hogue is missing the boat on this, By just using the inner mold of the SP101 & the outer mold of the LCR they could pop out this grip in just a few moments but of course Ruger would have to drill & tap the frames which would cost at least a couple cents..
    I did see that you now have a custom made wooden grip made up on you're SP101.. Any chance you wanna sell that custom rubber LCR/SP101 grip?
    Hey I don't even own a SP101 at the present time YET!!
    Gary/Hk

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I have the 2.25 SP101. I might add the LCR to the for sale list of guns.

I've had a 2.25" SP101 in .357 since Christmas 1994 and purchased an LCR .38+P when they first came out...ended up selling the LCR and keeping the SP101 as it just shot better!

The SP101 sports a Badger Custom's 'Boot-Grip' and that's comfortable enough for me!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DMash
    Top Bottom